Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my iPod plugged into the DICE Unit, in my FJ, for several months now. When I unplugged it, to use at the gym, I've noticed that it now will not shut off like it's supposed to when holding down the button on the dial.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Try doing a "SOFT" reset. Forgot how to do this, but it's somewhere on the net.

This should solve your problem.

T

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,801 Posts
Try the three r's. Go to apple.com ipod section for info how to. Or let your bat. run out and then plug into charger . Before you turn it on turn your hold button on then off and then hit center button and menu untill it shuts down and reboots. Hope this works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
to reset the ipod, you hold the 12 oclock button and the center button at the same time until it goes off and restarts.

hope that helps

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
WOW!! I was almost convinced to go over to apple computers for my next computer but it sounds like the iPod is having the same problems as the windows PC's!!

Stand on one foot facing north, push the play button for exactly 2.2 seconds, push the stop button and the play button simultaneously for 3.8 seconds then let go of the play button holding the stop button for 2 more seconds. Say a prayer and then.............:lol:

Just givin' you a hard time. I hope this isn't indicative of the apple products!! :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Wow thats weird. I have 3 ipods that i rotate in and out depending on which kid I got with me for the day and no problems to speak of. Every once in like 50 trys the radio does not sync with the ipod so i just restart the truck and all is good. I am using a Mini and 2 Nano's all 4 gig.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
The Dice system didn't likely do anthing to your Ipod - Ipods have been notorious, for all 6 generations, for locking up and requiring rebooting for no apparent reason. Sometimes you can hear the hard drive whirling on and off endlessly, or the unit just "freezes" mid-song. This happens with or without a Dice interface. Mine will usually freeze up if it's been running for 2+ hours continuously (like on the way to an off-road event), and then even soft reboots rarely work. I plug the unit back into my computer, load Itunes, and - viola !!! - back to normal. Apple is not known for reliability, just for lack of viruses / hackers / etc... (and lack of software selection, as well), and a more fluid, intuitive interface.

Personally, I wouldn't give up my PC or my Dice, and I've learned to live with the Ipod "freeze" function Apple seems to have built in...

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I may have to try a global Ipod reset and then reinstall my songs. I've tried the plugging in to the PC, I've tried the button reset, and I've tried updating the ipod software.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Hello,
Through iTunes, try restoring your iPod and have all the songs put back on it. The DICE unit should not cause this issue to occur with your iPod, especially if it's been working properly for several months. When you hold the middle and Menu button simultaneously, does it restart the iPod?

Best Regards,
Adam

I think I may have to try a global Ipod reset and then reinstall my songs. I've tried the plugging in to the PC, I've tried the button reset, and I've tried updating the ipod software.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've tried everything that was suggested here and I've done a lot of searching. No matter what I try the iPod won't shut off in the manner that it used to. When I hold down the "Menu" button it just blinks.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Watch out if you leave it in the car, in the heat for long periods of time. That is when I have had problems and had to do the button reset. I thought mine was ruined too but my son convinced me that the soft reset would do it. Leave it to the next generation.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
WOW!! I was almost convinced to go over to apple computers for my next computer but it sounds like the iPod is having the same problems as the windows PC's!!

Stand on one foot facing north, push the play button for exactly 2.2 seconds, push the stop button and the play button simultaneously for 3.8 seconds then let go of the play button holding the stop button for 2 more seconds. Say a prayer and then.............:lol:

Just givin' you a hard time. I hope this isn't indicative of the apple products!! :)
i am on my macbook as we speak and i wont ever go back to PC's. two other people have bought macs after i got mine because they liked it so much. going back to a pc would be like downgrading to a taurus after driving a 750i everday. my ipod gets shady sometimes because i beat the **** out of it and also it is always plugged into my alpine interdace which isnt the best for it. if any of my ipods or friends get messed up i usually just restore it and update and then its flawless.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Watch out if you leave it in the car, in the heat for long periods of time. That is when I have had problems and had to do the button reset. I thought mine was ruined too but my son convinced me that the soft reset would do it. Leave it to the next generation.
LOL, a hot car? That's every day down here but thank you for the tip, I appreciate your advice. I recently added Sirius so I haven't been listening to the iPod as much. I've been hooked on CH31 ;) so I guess I should take the iPod out of the car until the novelty wears off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts