Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’m back!

Just purchased my 3rd FJ and second TT unit.

I bought a 2012 TT unit today and I am very excited to be back in the FJ family.

As you can see from my join date I have been an FJ lover for many years. I took delivery of my 2007 Sun Fusion as the first FJ delivered in the Atlanta area when they first started coming off the boat.

I put close to 126K on that truck with ZERO issues while I owned her. I then went to a F150 for a few years until I jumped back to the FJ TTUE.

I figured if I had the first one I should have the last one as well. Loved it, but sold it too soon due to having just too many vehicles and having a company vehicle it was a cost I didn’t really need to have.

Since that time I have just been waiting to get back in the game. Today was the day.

I have always coveted the 2012 TT Red FJ. I decided that was what I had to have and I started my search. I found lots of higher mileage, over 100K units, but the sub 50K units were not easy to find and many wanted a premium for those that were.

Lucky me I found one online Saturday at a dealer that was the original seller of the unit. Spoke with a salesman and in less than an hour, I finally had my 3rd FJ. The most wanted, for me at least, Red TT unit.

So, I’m glad to be back on the team and will look forward to catching up on around 3 years worth of posts.

659C478D-F665-4CA5-A971-8F74468161F3.jpeg

·
Premium Member
16,373 Posts
Welcome back! Great color.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the best color. For me, fact that in the USA, reds are TT only, increased my desire. Of course rest of the wolrd you can buy a new 2019 Red, non TT all day long

Took me a long time to find my perfect red

What up with the wheels on yours?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHP:
What up with the wheels on yours?
Good question. I looked into this before making the purchase.

In my research it seems during the production run of the 2012 TT rigs there was a shortage of TRD rims.

As such, some rigs were built with “optional” wheel sets instead of the TRDs.

I’m not sure how many or how often it was done, but I found a few comments that some owners had this issue.

In the 2012 TT thread here on the forum I think one owner mentioned getting a $2K price reduction due to this issue.

For what I paid for a sub 50K mile unit, I decided I can add the TRDs later if I choose.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Awesome story! Welcome back to the forum.

·
Admin
6,588 Posts
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts