Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've never been to the Summit before and cannot make it this year. However, next year I definitely want to go. I want to register in early 2015.

Does registration always open up in March each year?
Do you have to register the day it is open?
How quickly does it fill up?
Newb question: Is it always in Colorado?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
yes
advisable
first days, but there is a wait list.
yes

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Okay, I've never been to the Summit before and cannot make it this year. However, next year I definitely want to go. I want to register in early 2015.

Does registration always open up in March each year?
Always in March, they usually post the registration date 2-3 weeks out.

Do you have to register the day it is open? How quickly does it fill up?
This year you had to register on the opening day, in previous years you did not. It filled up in ~9 hours this year. I was on the site 5 minutes after it opened and just barely got all the trails I wanted, a friend tried it a few minutes after me and those trails had already filled up. So yeah, you better be sitting there on your computer hitting refresh next year.

Newb question: Is it always in Colorado?
Always in Ouray, Colorado. Here's the trail list: FJSummit 2014 National Meet

Some of my favorite Summit photos:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Holy crap, Sarge! Did you have to change shorts after that one?

:surprise
Ha, that was my buddy Mike / Vandy58 on Poughkeepsie in 2012. Anybody who wheels with me regularly has heard at least one "STOP!", and then assuming they were about to hit something, they relax when I say "Let me get a picture!"

It's never fun when you're the person in the truck at the time, but when it's done everybody always appreciates having a photo like this of their truck :rocker:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts