Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
AMTRACK used to have a deal (way back when - do people still take trains?) where you would put your car on the train, travel cross country and have your car when you arrived at the other end....

1) does a service like this still exist?
2) if so, is this a viable option for y'all?

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
...can any one please let me know how the FJ ride on long trips ? THX[/QUOTE]

Trail Teams put 40,000-plus miles on them pulling trailers the whole time. The ride is great, even with a trailer.

I wouldn't worry about driving them 2,000 miles more than you normally would have. As everyone on here knows, it's a Toyota.

And think of this: when you pull up in a Heep from Enterprise, how ya gonna feel?? Looking around at AAAAALLLLL those FJ's wishing to be able to take yours out on some of the most beautiful trails around.
Yep, take those family photos with the Heep then photo shop your FJ into the shot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey wfu1staid, I would be interested in riding mine out on a car hauler, If the price is right. Might just do it one way. You could most likely fill one hauler pretty easily. Thanks for checking.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Get um Maureen . Why would anyone want to go with out there fj ?
Well, truth be told, it's a no-brainer for me. If they decide the West Coast team's going, I'll be getting paid to be there and have a blast WITH the FJ's. Oh well. I had to come clean.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Schedule comes out Jan 19th!!

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I'll be sitting this one out as well. 1300+ miles one way is just too much.

Perhaps next year an event could take place thats a little bit more east coast friendly.
You could drive down to Nashville and ride out with us, if you don't sitting beside a 10 year girl that likes to talk alot.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts