Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting a new thread. It's called, " I wish _____ part existed." You guys fill in the blank.

Alot of times all it takes is an idea and somebody on here can make it happen. Feel free to continue the discussion and bounce ideas by constructive means. I have a couple ideas for parts but have not gotten around to completing them.

For example, somebody was asking earlier about making a skid plate for the charcoal canister on the rear of our FJC's. I thought it was a pretty good idea so now I'll be working on building some.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wish a part existed to mount either a Baja Designs dome light or KC cyclone in the interior. I've had the LED boards but don't find them to be reliable. Plus I want to flip another switch and get a ridiculous amount of light if needed.

Also somebody needs to come up with a replacement third brake light, sorta like this one: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/super-ultimate-3rd-brake-light-build.522181/

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,665 Posts
I'm starting a new thread. It's called, " I wish _____ part existed." You guys fill in the blank.

Alot of times all it takes is an idea and somebody on here can make it happen. Feel free to continue the discussion and bounce ideas by constructive means. I have a couple ideas for parts but have not gotten around to completing them.

For example, somebody was asking earlier about making a skid plate for the charcoal canister on the rear of our FJC's. I thought it was a pretty good idea so now I'll be working on building some.
Great thread idea :rocker:

And thanks....can’t wait to see the cannister skid! :wink

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
A digital Trans temp gauge that is the same size as a Blue sea . Volt gauge .

Some sort of Cable or rope to limit rear suspension travel when jacking up . Long Travel makes it a pain on the trail .

Canister skid is already in Prototype *** .

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dash mount for accessories like radios/communications, cell phones or mics that fits in front of the compass.

I’ve seen these for Tacoma’s but not for FJ’s. Maybe I missed them?

·
Desert Moderator
5,627 Posts
A two piece tail gate like a {cough cough} jeep with a swing out tire carrier
Nah. Split tail gate like LC200 & RangeRover.

Seriously though - Oil Pressure sender & gauge with alarm - maybe a multi gauge to cover trans & engine? Diffs? Coolant?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Oil Pressure sender & gauge
+1. I spent a lot of time messing with my OBDII reader until I realized that nobody was finding a way to get oil pressure readings from it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would luuuuuuuuv a storage compartment under the cargo area floor. My 08 RAV4 had one where the third row would be, carried all kinds of stuff in there like emergency supplies, jumper cables, towing equipment, tools, etc.

There is plenty of room there, but this is not an easy fab job I know.

·
トヨタ Master
5,587 Posts
A digital Trans temp gauge that is the same size as a Blue sea . Volt gauge .

Some sort of Cable or rope to limit rear suspension travel when jacking up . Long Travel makes it a pain on the trail .

Canister skid is already in Prototype *** .
I've found that pull straps work perfect for this. They're cheap and easy to find.

·
トヨタ Master
5,587 Posts
A two piece tail gate like a {cough cough} jeep with a swing out tire carrier
You mean like a real.....FJ? How dare ye speak the J word! :grin

·
Desert Moderator
5,627 Posts
I would luuuuuuuuv a storage compartment under the cargo area floor. My 08 RAV4 had one where the third row would be, carried all kinds of stuff in there like emergency supplies, jumper cables, towing equipment, tools, etc.

There is plenty of room there, but this is not an easy fab job I know.
Not if you've got an aux tank, but I love the idea.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Not if you've got an aux tank
True! Hardly anybody in the states has an aux tank, but I should have qualified my statement.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Not if you've got an aux tank, but I love the idea.
I did this with my 4 runner . I went to a shop that makes Tool boxes and truck utility boxes ( Highway Products ) and had them make a box that had a door on the top. There was a flange around the edge . Cut the hole and it dropped right in and sat right on the floor . I carried all me spares and oils and stuff in it .

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I did this with my 4 runner . I went to a shop that makes Tool boxes and truck utility boxes ( Highway Products ) and had them make a box that had a door on the top. There was a flange around the edge . Cut the hole and it dropped right in and sat right on the floor . I carried all me spares and oils and stuff in it .
Nice! What was the ballpark cost for that?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts