Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I would love to mount a 30MM Chain Gun with Depleted Uranium Ammo with laser tracking on the hod of my truck so I can vaporizer the idiot who cut in front of me on the freeway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish someone made half-height external mirrors to replace the standard ones, which seriously get in the way of photography, game viewing, etc. (And no need to have running-lights in the mirrors as these are not supplied where I live)

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
I wish someone made half-height external mirrors to replace the standard ones, which seriously get in the way of photography, game viewing, etc. (And no need to have running-lights in the mirrors as these are not supplied where I live)
Take the mirrors off?
Angle the vehicle so you can see?
Get out of the vehicle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
We regularly angle the mirrors forward to present the narrowest cross-section to aid visibility. Replacing them with smaller mirrors would just be more sensible (and safer).

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
We regularly angle the mirrors forward to present the narrowest cross-section to aid visibility. Replacing them with smaller mirrors would just be more sensible (and safer).
Each to their own. I've never had a problem with them TBH.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 3" lift, american racing rims, homemade t-case shift handle
276 Posts
Each to their own. I've never had a problem with them TBH.
AGREE. I love the mirrors. I actually wish they were wider, like the Tundra tow, or the 200LC Australian tow ones.

I certainly don't want a smaller
mirror
Dont know about wider but agreed not any smaller

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts
Reducing your field of visibility in the mirror is not safer.

I would like to see a mirror about the same height but 1/2" wider.

·
トヨタ Master
7,628 Posts
You could go this route:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/142871-fender-assist-mirrors-please-say-its-not-so.html

Or I've seen them mounted to the front bumper, like an ARB, like the Aussies do.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Somebody needs to figure out if flick start can easily be added using OEM parts. My parent's Sequoia and brother's 4runner has it.

I don't know if it involves programming in the ECU or if a simple ignition switch/lock cylinder?
What is "flick start?"

·
Premium Member
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
What is "flick start?"
You put the key in the ignition and only have to turn it to activate the starter for about 1/2 second. The starter continues by itself until the motor starts.

Also known as bump start.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
You put the key in the ignition and only have to turn it to activate the starter for about 1/2 second. The starter continues by itself until the motor starts.

Seems like a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
12,203 Posts

Wouldn't work very well with the MT and clutch cancel switch.

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
Wouldn't work very well with the MT and clutch cancel switch.
My MT doesn't have a clutch cancel switch and the clutch switch isn't connected. Came that way from the factory...

·
Premium Member
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Seems like a lot of work.
You might be surprised how simple something like this could be. Remove the FJ part and bolt in the 4runner part sorta deal. I just don't know how this feature works mechanically. It cranks for a set amount of time.

·
Registered
881 Posts

What a cool idea. I've never even heard of it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think you're right. Sounds like auto-start without the remote portion. So it should be even simpler without the radio portion.
I know an aftermarket auto-starter on one car was tied into the ignition switch relays. (When there was a recall on the key switch assembly the dealership wouldn't reconnect the auto-starter under the recall ticket or a separate service request).
The auto-start control module must have a predetermined (adjustable?) closure period on the starter relay. You would also need the control module to close the ON circuit so things keep running :) but I'd think that's all you'd need to replace the key with a switch.

On the other hand, a lot of things seem simple ½ hour job then you find yourself turning off the lights in aggravation 12 hours later and going to bed wondering how many days it'll take to finish.

You might be surprised how simple something like this could be. Remove the FJ part and bolt in the 4runner part sorta deal. I just don't know how this feature works mechanically. It cranks for a set amount of time.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts