Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Somebody needs to figure out if flick start can easily be added using OEM parts. My parent's Sequoia and brother's 4runner has it.

I don't know if it involves programming in the ECU or if a simple ignition switch/lock cylinder?
It's old tech at this point. The Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo used it back in the day. IIRC it's controlled by the ECM which also determines when to shut it off.

Same way push button start works in new cars, sends a signal to the ECM that you want the car started and shuts it off when certain parameters are met.

While I sometimes do miss the keyless entry/push button start in my Acura I'm not bothered by having to hold the key a couple of seconds longer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I wish you could easily retrofit the rear view mirror with the distance lines in the rear camera image from 2012+ TTs to the 2011.

·
トヨタ Master
5,609 Posts
I wish you could easily retrofit the rear view mirror with the distance lines in the rear camera image from 2012+ TTs to the 2011.
Green, red, and yellow Sharpie? :grin

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
"I wish you could easily retrofit the rear view mirror with the distance lines in the rear camera image from 2012+ TTs to the 2011."

install a navigation head unit that comes with backup camera

I did this to my '08, last year, and not only got backup camera with adjustable lines, also Bluetooth and hands free (and better audio and SD card / iPod USB compatibility, and the most up to date navigation data). Feature-wise, like a brand new car now.

·
トヨタ Master
5,609 Posts
Some kind of shelf / basket hanging inside below the roof. Would be great for storage for light / soft items i.e. sleeping bag.
Like these?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
A part that forms a force field in front of the windshield!! No more chips or broken windshields!!!

·
トヨタ Master
5,609 Posts
A part that forms a force field in front of the windshield!! No more chips or broken windshields!!!
Does it have to be invisible? You could mount this on the hood and do the Ace Ventura thing. :grin

·
トヨタ Master
5,609 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Retro fitting electronic disconnects from other manufactures has been talked about nearly as long as the FJ. If memory serves the location of the FJ's sway bar is the crux of the problem to fitting electronic disconnects.

·
Premium Member
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
81 - 100 of 111 Posts