Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks!!!
I’ve searched and searched to no avail.
Toytec couldn’t offer any suggestions either.
Stock springs are 14” so a 16” spring should give me a couple inches lift?
TMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Thanks!!!
TMH

Technically yes, 2" taller might give you around 3" of lift. But I think that is accomplishing the same thing as just adjusting the preload on the 6112's?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can 2014 TTUE TRD 6112’s be preloaded to increase lift? I think the later ones could but I didn’t think mine could. I was under the impression that new coil overs, lifting springs or spacers were the only choices I had other than a body lift.

·
トヨタ Master
5,527 Posts
Thanks!!!
TMH

Technically, if they have the same spring rate.

Technically yes, 2" taller might give you around 3" of lift. But I think that is accomplishing the same thing as just adjusting the preload on the 6112's?
See above^^.

Can 2014 TTUE TRD 6112’s be preloaded to increase lift? I think the later ones could but I didn’t think mine could. I was under the impression that new coil overs, lifting springs or spacers were the only choices I had other than a body lift.

Any spring can give you more lift if you preload them enough. What will suffer will be ride quality, braking distances, early failure of suspension, steering, Axles, and other components, but that's not what you really asked. What exactly are you trying to accomplish besides lifting 3"?

There are many reasons to lift, just curious yours. Also, there's nothing wrong with adding a 1/4" spacer on top of the coilover assembly, which will give you approximately 1/2" at the wheel to compensate. Keep in mind that the higher you go, the more down travel you give up and adding a limiting strap can help the suspension from topping out.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Tired of following a vehicle for miles with its turn signal activated?

All cars should be equipped with a turn signal that doubles its clicking volume after 2 minutes (provides enough time to turn at a light or stop sign). That way the person driving is adequately notified that his/her turn signal needs to be turned off. If after another two minutes the driver still hasn't reacted to the blinker, the car should shutdown the radio and all bluetooth devices, and maybe spray water from the center of the steering wheel.

Rant off.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Tired of following a vehicle for miles with its turn signal activated?

All cars should be equipped with a turn signal that doubles its clicking volume after 2 minutes (provides enough time to turn at a light or stop sign). That way the person driving is adequately notified that his/her turn signal needs to be turned off. If after another two minutes the driver still hasn't reacted to the blinker, the car should shutdown the radio and all bluetooth devices, and maybe spray water from the center of the steering wheel.

Rant off.
For some seniors, it's called "an eventual turn." Pretty sure it's a legal maneuver in Florida. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
What I’m trying to do is lift my 2014 TTUE to get some 305’s under it without rubbing. Plus looks. I’m an old phart so I need to keep the kids thinking I’m cool.

There are definitely parts for that. :wink

·
トヨタ Master
5,527 Posts
What I’m trying to do is lift my 2014 TTUE to get some 305’s under it without rubbing. Plus looks. I’m an old phart so I need to keep the kids thinking I’m cool.

This is doable without 3". BMC and wheel back spacing comes to mind, but there are lots of folks running 305s with minimal lift.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
101 - 111 of 111 Posts