Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
so i have thought about this long and hard over the past couple of years. I figure the most feasible and cost effective way for the manufacturer to offer some type of open air experience would be to:

1. Offer a very large sunroof
2. Make the rear door windows at least pop open or out. ideally they would role down.
3. Make the back portion starting behind the seabelt removable. Sort of like the (I know i am going to loose credibility referancing this) Isuzu Amigo.

This would give a open air feel. It would also force them to put a role down window in the rear hatch area. Which I know we have all been complaining about. I can not see that it would compromise the rigidity of the body, nore would it require relocation of the seatbelts. I am sure some extra support would be needed, but it is definitely doable.

Jus t my half a cent

I think it would wind up looking a lot like the Sema truck version.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
If they built this I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Does anyone know if Toyota even reads this forum?

Will we ever see more variaints or a new style, or will they just phase the FJ out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Convertible Top in Ouray?

Hi!
I'm hearing of a rumor that Toyota will be in Ouray this weekend, at that FJ Summit, and will be showing the factory prototype of the convertible FJ Cruiser.

Has anyone else heard this, and will any of you be there? There's no way I can get that far this weekend, and we'd really like some photos.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: Convertible Top in Ouray?

Hi!
I'm hearing of a rumor that Toyota will be in Ouray this weekend, at that FJ Summit, and will be showing the factory prototype of the convertible FJ Cruiser.

Has anyone else heard this, and will any of you be there? There's no way I can get that far this weekend, and we'd really like some photos.

Thanks.
My god that would be amazing. SOMEONE PLEASE GET PICS AT THE SUMMIT!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts