Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the fuzzy ones either. The rubber all weather mats should come standard. If you buy a TT then you get the TT mats. If you by base then you get regular all weather mats. ETC.

Carpet mats should be optional.

·
Registered
180 Posts
We told our Mini Cooper dealer that too when we bought our new Countrymen this year, for a $28,000 car we should get mats. And we did, they threw in the top of the line mats because it's a good dealer and we're returning customers and will be for a long time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That would just be one more option that they would force you to buy and jack the price up even higher. Toyota is not going to "give" anything away.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
When I bought mine the dealer threw in the rubber mats for free (that was in '07). As far as I know for a while getting floor mats from Toyota was a pain because of the whole mystery acceleration issue that was blamed on floor mats for a while.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
With the cost of you new car you get a floor covering. Be glad your not ordering your car from Henry Ford otherwise you wouldn't even get that. Without it your feet would be on painted steel, all manufacturers I can think of consider this standard. Anything additional, ie floor mats of any kind are options.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
When I bought mine the dealer threw in the rubber mats for free (that was in '07). As far as I know for a while getting floor mats from Toyota was a pain because of the whole mystery acceleration issue that was blamed on floor mats for a while.
Same here. When I bought my 07 the dealer threw in the HD mats including the HD cargo mat and sliders in order to make the deal. :)

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I Totaly agree. Mine didn't even come with the roof rack.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The trail teams according to my 2010 booklet I got at the dealer says something like "all weather trail teams mats" & "all weather trail teams cargo liner". Something that toyota pulled due to the gas pedal issue. My dealer bought my full set of Huskys for me since the brochure said it was included in the trail teams package & I pursued it. In my opinion a passenger side arm rest should be more of a standard feature than all weather mats, its pretty unheard of to me that they consider this a $100+ option.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
No car comes with them standard. But almost all cars have them from the factory and so you see em on the sticker. This is because if they don't have them people will beat up the dealer for free ones.

A lot of little dumb reasons. It helps them lower the 'starting at' price that people compare when comparing cars. If they added them standard they would be adding $200 to the MSRP when others don't.

Also in the FJ and others there are different mats. What if you pay an extra $200 in the MSRP just to toss them and then pay the extra $150 for the rubber ones.

And then there are warranty and other legal differences in what they have to cover between standard equipment and accessories.

Back in the day there where money in selling cars. But if you haven't noticed lately car manufactures are going under and dealers too. Toyota isn't going anywhere, but it is a slim margins business these days. Including them will jack up the price for everyone, in a time everyone is looking for the lowest number online possible before going to the dealership

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not the fuzzy ones either. The rubber all weather mats should come standard. If you buy a TT then you get the TT mats. If you by base then you get regular all weather mats. ETC.

Carpet mats should be optional.
FJ's in Canada have always come with all weather mats. All Toyota's, Scions and Lexus models in Canada now come with carpet and all season mats from the Factory.

Good times!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
My family has been cutting custom floor mats out of the commercial carpets with the thick rubber bottom (the kind that you step on when you first enter buildings)

They are great, really durable, and of they do get roached, just toss them and do it again.

Does anyone else do this.

My did did this to my moms 04 sienna (which was our first yota) we have abused that car and it's floors for the past 200,000 miles, the van still runs fine, and the carpets we put in are still in great condition.

The coolest thing about these rugs is that the stock carpet in the van is still perfectly clean.

Has anyone else tried this?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
639 Posts
My family has been cutting custom floor mats out of the commercial carpets with the thick rubber bottom (the kind that you step on when you first enter buildings)

They are great, really durable, and of they do get roached, just toss them and do it again.

Does anyone else do this.

My did did this to my moms 04 sienna (which was our first yota) we have abused that car and it's floors for the past 200,000 miles, the van still runs fine, and the carpets we put in are still in great condition.

The coolest thing about these rugs is that the stock carpet in the van is still perfectly clean.

Has anyone else tried this?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I plan on doing this to my fj, and will post pictures when it happens.

Poorly typed from my iPhone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts