Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off.. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!
I have had my 2010 for two months.

I noticed a "clunk" sound from the rear... after some investigation I found that a large ice/snow chunk was between the spare tire mount and the door below the rear wiper arm. The chunk was moving around and would bang against the door when slowing down.

This chunk was too large to remove through the top. I tried breaking it up and taking it out the pieces... I was worried I was going to damage the paint in there...

I haven't had the spare tire off yet to make an assessment on why the snow and ice was caught up in there... too cold up here!! Maybe redesign the tire carrier to be more open to allow snow/ice to fall through.

Lovin' the FJ up here in NH!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Yeah I have had that happen a time or two. Not much you can do about it those sort of conditions. I have stopped at a car wash and sprayed it out the same as I have done when the back of a wheel packs up with ice. Hazards of the game I guess.

But, like you, I was mystified the first time too.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I keep the ugly tire cover on during the winter/snow months. Take it off in the spring. Maybe this helps, maybe not. I haven't had your problem so far. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
I keep the ugly tire cover on during the winter/snow months. Take it off in the spring. Maybe this helps, maybe not. I haven't had your problem so far. Good luck!
X2

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Never noticed this problem with my FJ. I don't have the rear wiper though......it couldn't the way the arm sits, could it?

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I suspect people that park the FJ in a garage don't have this problem.

Do you park outside?

If in a garage normally, but outside for work or whatever, do you just let the snow sit there when you come back to it after a snow fall, or do you wipe it off right away?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I'm outside, I do clean the rear window with my brush and give the spare a quick wipe.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts