Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering some icons and want to know the measurements for 3"s of lift for those who have a bumper with a winch.

I would like to get it set right the first time and try to avoid having to make adjustments later. I would like to get 3"s out of the front with the weight of my bumper and winch. Could yall measure how much thread is showing and give me an idea of where to start.

Thanks,

Seth

·
Registered
790 Posts
It might help to know the combined weight of your bumper and winch.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I can tell you that with my adjustable setting at what it was when it came from Icon and a my FabFours bumper with grill guard and a warn 9.5TI winch with steel cable up front and all kinds of other goodies up top and in the rear, I am down to about an inch and a half to two inches of lift in the front. With 285/70/17s I rub at full turn (no BMC).

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
This is what I can tell you. They come with about two and a half inches of lift dialed in from the factory. It was almost identcal to the RC 3" lift that I replaced. I put a bumper on but don't have a winch yet. That said, the springs are going to settle after a week or so of driving and you will have to adjust them. The Icons are nice since you don't have to pull a wheel to adjust. With my DO bumper and no winch I have approx. 1 and 3/16" of thread exposed. :cheers:

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
I'm ordering some icons and want to know the measurements for 3"s of lift for those who have a bumper with a winch.

I would like to get it set right the first time and try to avoid having to make adjustments later. I would like to get 3"s out of the front with the weight of my bumper and winch. Could yall measure how much thread is showing and give me an idea of where to start.

Thanks,

Seth
I would order them with heavier springs.
Cranking down on the coil that much is not the idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts