Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone looked at these:

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

I'd like to protect my new, expensive 2" SAW rear shocks, and these prevent stones from pitting the lower shock rods, but.... the way these are made, and in only 12 gauge stainless, it looks to me the shin guard would be easily folded back onto the shock rod, then have the shock body come down and strike it, IF you ran one into a rock.

They sit pretty low, so it's certainly possible to run these into an obstacle.

Anyone?

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
of all the posts you post up fasthid, seems like youre on a modding frenzy haha whereabouts in socal are you from, you should join SoCal FJ Cruiser Forums - Home as well and come join us on some runs

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey essence, you're right, I'm on a fjrenzy for sure.

actually, I'm the type that detests the look of a stock Honda Civic with a carbon fiber wing. I've got brand new lights coming out and hate to photograph them on a boring stock vehicle. I'm in Mission Viejo, would love to join you guys. my brother-in-law too, he got me into the FJ, he just got one too.

nicest vehicle I've ever owned, and loving it!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
anyone looked at these:

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

I'd like to protect my new, expensive 2" SAW rear shocks, and these prevent stones from pitting the lower shock rods, but.... the way these are made, and in only 12 gauge stainless, it looks to me the shin guard would be easily folded back onto the shock rod, then have the shock body come down and strike it, IF you ran one into a rock.

They sit pretty low, so it's certainly possible to run these into an obstacle.

Anyone?
I've held the shin protectors in my hand and they were pretty light-weight, so I wouldn't put much faith in them. Also, they may not fit with your SAW shocks. I may be thinking of another shock, but it seems like that one is pretty thick down there.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the shinguards over my 2.5 piggyback icons and they work good, they have both taken rock hits and they held up fine. I know of one that bent from a hit up high and icon replaced it (not on my FJ). So far they have done what they were made for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts