Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'can't make up mind on a suspension and wanted to get some opinions. I currently have a warrior front bumper, a body armor rear, rci steel skids all the way back then the tank, and pure Fj sliders. The weight has her squished down pretty good. Right now I'm considering the icon stage 2 (2.0), iron man extended travel foam cell pro(2.5), or the bilstien 6112 (2.5). I can't go much over $2000. My concerns with each lift: if I go with the icon I'll wish I had something that was 2.5, the iron mans fit the bill but haven't been out long-haven't heard any complaints yet though, the bilstiens aren't threaded lik the other two -are they difficult to move up and down or will I need spacers to correct lean. If anyone has experience with these or has other suggestions I would love to here them. I know many of you have icons and any advice on that setup such as springs would also be appreciated. Oh, it's a daily driver and most trails I do are slow trails. Some rocks when I get the opportunity. Not much high speed dessert stuff but not opposed to it. Off-road maybe once a month, more often in summer.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Same questions. No bumpers for me. +1 following

Any specs out there on travel length, and spring rates included with the Ironman? There is vast info out there on other manuf. but i have not seen any info on Ironman stuff yet.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Adjusting the Bilsteins is a PITA once they're on the truck. The Iron Mans seem to be the best bang for the buck out of what you listed, if you go with the regular travel ones (not sure why the ex. travel cost more). If you were to go with the extended travel Iron Mans then you'd be at the same price as the Icon stage 1 which has 2.5" front shocks. My advice would be to decide what you want and then patiently wait until black Friday. Last year Icon stage 2 was going for around 1800-1900 at the time, stage 1 was around 1400.

I'm currently waiting and will likely go with the Iron Mans if they go on sale for black Friday.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Adjusting the Bilsteins is a PITA once they're on the truck. The Iron Mans seem to be the best bang for the buck out of what you listed, if you go with the regular travel ones (not sure why the ex. travel cost more). If you were to go with the extended travel Iron Mans then you'd be at the same price as the Icon stage 1 which has 2.5" front shocks. My advice would be to decide what you want and then patiently wait until black Friday. Last year Icon stage 2 was going for around 1800-1900 at the time, stage 1 was around 1400.

I'm currently waiting and will likely go with the Iron Mans if they go on sale for black Friday.
When is black Friday? (need to take note)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The Iron Mans seem to be the best bang for the buck out of what you listed, if you go with the regular travel ones (not sure why the ex. travel cost more).
The extended travel set comes with new upper control arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts