Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just arrived home after a drive to Corona and back from the Rocklin area. I had previously contacted Jack at Demello Offroad and had an appointment set-up to have suspension work completed on Saturday for the FJ (nice of them to do this on the weekend for me!).

I arrived late Friday and met with Jack and Jason to discuss the install briefly and drop my FJ off for Saturday's session. I have to say that Jack and Jason are really great! They took the time to discuss a variety of topics and were really hospitable. The plan of action consisted of:

**Body mount chop to fix tire rub issue

**Remove Truxxx lift

**Install ICON Stage 2 Suspension (which includes ICON Coil-overs [added extended travel and IVD corrosion coating], ICON Billet Upper Control Arms, rear coils and rear shocks).

** ICON Lower Rear Trailing Arms

**Total Chaos Lower A-Arm Skids

I wanted to post some pics from stock look to the finished product with some close-ups as well for those interested.

Stock:

Finished look:

Close-ups:

I really can't say enough about the ride quality and how awesome Jason and Jack were to me. Thanks for the great install Jack. It was definately worth the 8 hour drive each way. I will definately be back to see them both again!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very Nice....Those guys at Demello are a class act!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very Nice....Those guys at Demello are a class act!
I have to agree. They really made me feel at home. They invited me to poke around the shop a little, check out Jason's FJ, watched them mach up their new rear bumper (wow-a must have I think), discussed the install again, discussed concerns, etc after the install. Really just the way it should be! Oh yeah...Jason allowed me to be Elvis's chew toy for awhile too!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Looks great

Those LCAs are on my list of upgrades.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those control arms are sweeeeet!

Did you get a rear bumper also?
No..I have the Warn on at this time. Their new bumper is sweet!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very sweet, looks like the new UCA's have a mount for the brake lines instead of having to use a tie wrap like us old donahoe customers do.
Yes..but you really can't beat a zip tie!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im so jealous:lol:
Don't be jealous. Try to make me feel better about my charge card being on fire...and of course go down there and buy some stuff!!!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
How does it ride? That looks Awesome, congratulations! I like the tires and wheels as well.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
too far to go down there,but that doesnt stop me form buying from them. Front bumper been on and waiting for rear and skid.
You are gonna really like their rear bumper! Very nicely designed. I think it's ok if I mention there may be some options in the future in that regard. I am not sure they have all been figured out yet so my lips are sealed.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How does it ride? That looks Awesome, congratulations! I like the tires and wheels as well.
It rides fantastic. I would describe it as firm but not harsh. I played with my air pressure quite a bit on the way home and think I figured out the best on-road PSI for my liking.

When you hit a hard bump on or offroad the suspension soaks it up firmly and controlled but also buttery smooth. It is difficult to describe. It is not soft or loose though. The on-road ride is also very nice. A great improvement from stock (as would be expected).

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Oh yeah...Jason allowed me to be Elvis's chew toy for awhile too!
:mecry: Elvis doesn't like me not one bit i even brought him a huge bone, Elvis discriminates against big people lol

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
:mecry: Elvis doesn't like me not one bit i even brought him a huge bone, Elvis discriminates against big people lol
Haaaaaa. Jason told me Elvis had issues with bigger folks. Probably a territorial thing. I was obviously not in any way threatening to Elvis. That is one strong dog!

I would not want him irritated with me. That would be a little scary...As it was I was destined to be his belly, leg, and ear rubber until he tired of me.:rofl: I am 6-2, 220 but obviously Elvis didn't detect Alpha male in me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great.. One of the best reviews of the ride quality I've read too!

I understand you got the extended reach front c/o's along with the UCA's. Is the front raised the past 2.5" height where UCA's are absolutly required? I'm trying to visualise how high this kit can go before needing the front upper control arms.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts