Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering one of these suspension lifts, would like to get opinions on these kits from those who are running them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Considering one of these suspension lifts, would like to get opinions on these kits from those who are running them.
Sorry, but we have no idea what your off-road "needs" entail. If you want all the bling and remote resi's go with Stage 6. If you don't need the shiny bits then piece together an ICON "kit" of your own that includes less expensive UCA's and lower links that perform just as well as the alloys.

I can personally recommend ICON front coilovers as that's what I run. They perform well on the street and the type of off road driving I do.

Word to the wise, please try a quick forum or google search as these questions have been answered many times over.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Definitely need more info on what you want from your FJ. The differences are Stage 5 includes new rear upper links and panhard bar. Neither of those are really critical, though the stock upper links are tiny. But do you really need remote reservoir shocks front and rear? If you do, I'd skip Stage 6 and go to Stage 7 since they include the CDC adjustment knobs, which I really like. But a Stage 1 or 2 could suit your needs just as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stay away from Icon. Their quality has gone to ****. They don't even do their own rebuilds now.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Stay away from Icon. Their quality has gone to ****. They don't even do their own rebuilds now.
Who does their rebuilds? Never had any issues with mine or had them rebuilt, but I was under the impression you can still send them to Icon to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Who does their rebuilds? Never had any issues with mine or had them rebuilt, but I was under the impression you can still send them to Icon to be rebuilt.
Per their website
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/tech-support/shock-service/ said:
Effective: February 21, 2017

Until further notice, ICON Vehicle Dynamics will no longer be performing shock services in house.

If you have a shock that may be covered under our One Year Limited Warranty, please contact us directly at (951) 689-4266.

If you currently have a Shock Service Case number, but have yet to send your shocks in for service, please contact us directly at (951) 689-4266.

If you have a shock in need of service, please contact one of the Authorized Service Centers listed below for pricing, procedures and rebuild schedule:

·
Registered
243 Posts
From what the expedition overland guys were saying that it would help for a faster turnaround. I'm sure they'll start doing them again in the future. Honestly, it wouldn't be a big enough reason to stay away from them honestly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts