Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
dang. i want Icon but OME in the rear ... with Total Chaos UCA. And I need sliders too.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Are these kits you stock, or will they be produced as ordered? If the latter, what are tentative delivery timeframes?

Chris Delancy

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
I'd love to upgrade my front coilovers to the extended travel remote reservoir.....
What is the purpose/advantage of the remote reservoir?

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what is the difference between Travel Remote Reservoir and Remote Reservoir both have same price?

i am thinking to buy:

1- 2010 + FJ Cruiser Ext. Remote Reservoir Front Coil-over Shock Kit 3"

2- 07-Up FJ Cruiser Rear 2.5" Diameter Piggy Back Reservoir Shocks

3- 07-Up FJ Cruiser 2" Lift Rear Coil Springs

i am not sure if these are the right parts to be running together, and what else should i add to this package? what would be the total price after 10%?

Thanks,
Ghazi
With discount it would be $2347.54. But if you go with the front resi's I would recommend going with the UCA. You can do the Total Chaos for 629.10 or the Icon for 1075.00

·
Registered
108 Posts
With discount it would be $2347.54. But if you go with the front resi's I would recommend going with the UCA. You can do the Total Chaos for 629.10 or the Icon for 1075.00
I'm thinking about icon UCA, but it'll be postponed with another budget :)

i forgot to mention this, do i need Aluminum Sway Bar Relocation Blocks as well? and i need to know the difference between Travel Remote Reservoir and Remote Reservoir both have same price?

one more question do the front shocks with resi's softer or stiffer than factory shocks in road?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm thinking about icon UCA, but it'll be postponed with another budget :)

i forgot to mention this, do i need Aluminum Sway Bar Relocation Blocks as well? and i need to know the difference between Travel Remote Reservoir and Remote Reservoir both have same price?

one more question do the front shocks with resi's softer or stiffer than factory shocks in road?

Thanks for your time.
The Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir give you ~1" more travel than the standard Remote Reservoir. To use the Ext. Travel you have to have aftermarket UCAs (any will work).

You will ned the relocation brackets, but they come with the coilovers themselves, you don't have to buy them separate.

I don't know about the shocks, but the coils are stiffer. OEM 4x4 coils are 530lb vs. ICON's at 650lb (to my knowledge).

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I'd love to help you with that. :)
I think I have the start of a leak on one my old donahoe coilovers. Do you think Icon would give me a discount if I sent them in to get rebuilt and purchased the extended travel,remote reservoir as a replacement? I was thinking id use the old rebuilt ones as a spare

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
I think I have the start of a leak on one my old donahoe coilovers. Do you think Icon would give me a discount if I sent them in to get rebuilt and purchased the extended travel,remote reservoir as a replacement? I was thinking id use the old rebuilt ones as a spare
Having spares is always a good idea but you also have the option to have your DR coilovers rebuilt with external reservoirs and extended travel. Adding the external reservoirs to non-reservoir DR coilovers will involve swapping the shock top caps. Converting standard coilovers to extended travel will involve using shorter internal spacers so the shock shaft extends ~1/2" longer. It's too bad you're on the other side of the country. While my truck was at Jason's shop back in January, Jason was able to coordinate with ICON to have coilovers rebuilt and reinstalled on two different trucks within one working day. That's amazing customer service from Jason and ICON.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir give you ~1" more travel than the standard Remote Reservoir. To use the Ext. Travel you have to have aftermarket UCAs (any will work).

You will ned the relocation brackets, but they come with the coilovers themselves, you don't have to buy them separate.

I don't know about the shocks, but the coils are stiffer. OEM 4x4 coils are 530lb vs. ICON's at 650lb (to my knowledge).
thanks for the info :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts