Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I guess you're not going to make one for the '13 and '14 peeps :mecry:

@Iconic_ possible to make one that allows an open edge for the bracket to slip through and still allows you to bolt up the canister with the same three holes in the frame? Should hold the same except no need to bolt to the canister itself.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Also...

Only SIX more* lucky FJ owners have a chance to protect their ‘can’isters with an Iconic_ Skid.

But wait! There’s more!
Each and every Iconic_ Charcoal Canister Skid comes with unlimited bragging rights.
(You've hefted the Iconic_ Rear Recovery Points right??)

Don’t get left out in the cold or high and dry from a freak ‘can’ smacking incident on the trail.
Tell rocks they can bite your FJ’s shiny metal (Stainless!) backside.

Not available in stores!! (No one else makes anything like it)
Operators are standing by!! (but you’ll need to post “I’m in” here to get one)
Call NOW !!! (again with the posting, because 21st century)

* unofficial; not Devon, just a guy who's had a little too much coffee tonight

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I guess you're not going to make one for the '13 and '14 peeps :mecry:
Just not in this batch anyway. Plus I don't have one to test fit at the moment.

@Iconic_ possible to make one that allows an open edge for the bracket to slip through and still allows you to bolt up the canister with the same three holes in the frame? Should hold the same except no need to bolt to the canister itself.
That's how I was gonna do these, but decided not to. I could revisit it for a possible '13 - '14 design.

Thanks. 15!

·
Admin
6,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Down the road if these become available for the 13-14's I want one.
Me too! I don't crawl but every once in a while you run over a limb or such and it whacks the bottom pretty hard. All it has to do is hit the right spot..

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
This summer I ended up with one jammed against my tie rod. Ripped the boot.

Also had one almost spear me on the quad after going up through the quad..... Lots of long branches on the trails.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So I picked these up from the shop on Friday! I was so busy at work, and running around getting other parts gathered and front and rear diffs installed in my FJ I have not had time to test fit yet. I plan to test fit one on tonight, then I will PM everyone who has replied "in" and get you my paypal info for payment. Once I receive payment I will ship starting Monday hopefully. Stay tuned to the forum for more updates!

20190913_163429.jpg

20190913_170939.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I appreciate those who have already paid. Thank you. Unfortunately I won't be able to start shipping until Tuesday now. I had to rescue my aunt on the side of the interstate because her car died, borrow a truck and trailer to tow it back etc.... that all took 4 hours today and I still need to get my FJ buttoned up in order to get me to work tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
I appreciate those who have already paid. Thank you. Unfortunately I won't be able to start shipping until Tuesday now. I had to rescue my aunt on the side of the interstate because her car died, borrow a truck and trailer to tow it back etc.... that all took 4 hours today and I still need to get my FJ buttoned up in order to get me to work tomorrow morning.
Hey, no problemo, you haven't built mine yet anyway! >:D

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
PSA....
Please don't hit reply ALL to the PM's when replying to Devon

Please and thank you
:cheers:

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry, I should have BCC'd everyone so that wouldn't happen. Next time.

So Fedex's website sucks even more the USPS's. I've created 2 labels and now its kicked me out and won't let me make any more. I'll get it figured out, but tomorrow I'm shipping to the first two people who have paid me! Tracking should be going to your emails.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts