Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 340 of 1469 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
No rear differential guard?
Nope! Care to make a donation to the cause? :D

Nah, I've only ever rubbed it lightly on rocks. Don't think I've abused her to badly yet. Plus you know when I go with a 9.5 rear end I doubt it will fit. :rofl: :rofl: ;)

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I'm guessing once you get the bugs worked out :thinkerg: of those rear recovery points your working on and get them up for sale you'll be rolling in cash.
I hope you can come up with one that will fit on the passenger side with out much if any muffler modification.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
....which is happening in the near future >:D
True! Got me there...

I'm guessing once you get the bugs worked out :thinkerg: of those rear recovery points your working on and get them up for sale you'll be rolling in cash.
I hope you can come up with one that will fit on the passenger side with out much if any muffler modification.
Hopefully! Also, if I could manage to sell those front coils I'd really have it made! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Got some parts donated to the cause from a buddy. Thanks! Some blue spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers. The few things my FJ was missing cosmetically in my mind was wheel stance. I've been riding on stock wheels that don't stick out too far. Now the stance looks much improved! Also gave me a chance to enjoy the great 60 degree weather today and inspect the winter corrosion underneath. Gonna require some more paint to touch it all up in the spring. I also checked out out the UCA's and wheel bearings while at it. Wheel bearings are tight. Passenger UCA ball joint has some play that will have to be taken care of sooner than later. At least I have a snapshot into the future required maintenance.

Just cleaned off the hubs with my brother's toothbrush and bolted them on using red Loctite! :bigthumb:

Last pic is the new stance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,864 Posts
Got some parts donated to the cause from a buddy. Thanks! Some blue spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers. The few things my FJ was missing cosmetically in my mind was wheel stance. I've been riding on stock wheels that don't stick out too far. Now the stance looks much improved! Also gave me a chance to enjoy the great 60 degree weather today and inspect the winter corrosion underneath. Gonna require some more paint to touch it all up in the spring. I also checked out out the UCA's and wheel bearings while at it. Wheel bearings are tight. Passenger UCA ball joint has some play that will have to be taken care of sooner than later. At least I have a snapshot into the future required maintenance.

Just cleaned off the hubs with my brother's toothbrush and bolted them on using red Loctite! :bigthumb:

Last pic is the new stance.
Looking good Mate...
cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Aaaaaand went to the usual spot to test flex/rubbing. Spacing the tires out makes it rub the body mount area easier as most of you know. Trimmed the front mud flaps some, and the inner plastic by the pinch weld. Under 100% compression and turning it rubs the pinch weld/firewall area now. Gonna require a hammer one of these days. Back tires just barely rub the rear of the fender flares when stuffed. Not enough to worry about.

JMO, for those of you want the largest tires with minimal fitment issues, go with my previous setup. Either 285/75/17 or 305/70/17 and all you need to fit them (offroad) is a body mount chop and aftermarket UCA's + .5 - .75" wheel spacers if you go the 305 route. The wheel spacers are to help from rubbing the inner rear fender liner while stuffed and to keep from rubbing the front UCA's while turning.

Pics!!!!! (plus some fun ones thrown in there) ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Aaaaaand went to the usual spot to test flex/rubbing. Spacing the tires out makes it rub the body mount area easier as most of you know. Trimmed the front mud flaps some, and the inner plastic by the pinch weld. Under 100% compression and turning it rubs the pinch weld/firewall area now. Gonna require a hammer one of these days. Back tires just barely rub the rear of the fender flares when stuffed. Not enough to worry about.

JMO, for those of you want the largest tires with minimal fitment issues, go with my previous setup. Either 285/75/17 or 305/70/17 and all you need to fit them (offroad) is a body mount chop and aftermarket UCA's + .5 - .75" wheel spacers if you go the 305 route. The wheel spacers are to help from rubbing the inner rear fender liner while stuffed and to keep from rubbing the front UCA's while turning.

Pics!!!!! (plus some fun ones thrown in there) ;)
Lord theses tires look big, if you get a flat don't call me. Thats the one bad thing about bigger tires, there a Bit*h to change, especially if your pushing 60 with bad knees.

321 - 340 of 1469 Posts