Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1398 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,321
My tires honestly look too small to me now. But you guys have to stop me from going any bigger!

20191007_122243.jpg

We may not have much, but at least we have some dope Toyota's. :lol: The FJ one upped the 4runner this time.

Next on the docket for the 4runner is a homemade full exhaust. 2.5" stainless, to match up to some all stainless DT headers. Mason has been practicing with his new Tig welder. We're playing a game of how may truck parts we can fit in our garage... BTW somebody please pickup my e locked third!

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/want-sell-fj-related-items/736712-e-locker-gearset-sale.html

Stub shaft install tomorrow into my FJC.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
BFG 39s. are probably close in size to your 37s . I ran IROKs on my last 2 4 runners and my cough (jeep) cough , best off road tire i have run .The first set i had were bias and were like have ATC tires they just do not wear very good on the street

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,329
Y-pipe started on the 4runner. One side is mostly tac'd up. This thing is so BA! Equal length on the V8 offers fair gains. On the other hand our V6's can benefit greatly from equal length. I think he's gonna make me one too, or possibly a full exhaust if I ask nicely. :angel

20191012_160617.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,332
Or you could use “persuasion” like you did on his spare >:D
I like how you think. :lol:

Might just be worth it.... about to bolt it on. Pretty close to equal length anyway.

20191013_162445.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,334
Now this i like .
It sounds alot different now. Its not a deep gurgle anymore, its higher pitched and smoother.

All he did was replace the 2.25" somewhat kinked piping and factory (restricted) Y with smoother 2.5" mandrel bent with a higher flow Y that is close to equal length. Still has his last 2 cats removed. Still has the dirty deed muffler with 2.5" piping out back. Has headers on order.

He wanted to be the only V8 4runner running duals but knows that's gonna be alot of work so he just set it up for a single right now. And run it all HC out the side of the rear bumper eventually lol.

I'm just amazed that it can be built in our garage. It's surprising what used to seem so complicated turns out pretty simple once you learn a thing or two. A Tig welder, a little bit of practice, harbor freight bandsaw, about $500 in tubing + flanges etc...
@jamesepoop you might be interested in this.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
@Iconic_ woooo that's looking baaaaad! Prototype for your FJ soon? The Y pipe is so restrictive and our 1GR is no V8 but exhaust flow is so important. Can you share an exhaust clip?

By the way. Parts are not cheap. People expect an exhaust to be cheap performance but that price is cheap/reasonable for custom and prototypes.

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,336
@Iconic_ woooo that's looking baaaaad! Prototype for your FJ soon? The Y pipe is so restrictive and our 1GR is no V8 but exhaust flow is so important. Can you share an exhaust clip?

By the way. Parts are not cheap. People expect an exhaust to be cheap performance but that price is cheap/reasonable for custom and prototypes.
I'll post a clip as soon as we make one. I'd like to have one for my FJ eventually. Probably 2.25". You may already know this but equal length gains more on our V6's due to the firing order of the cylinders vs. his "uneven" V8. I was a little surprised at the cost for the tubing. The pre-made Y is almost $100 by itself tho. I could make a front bumper myself for less than $500 in materials lol.

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,339
Is @Iconic_ sticking a knife in that tire? :surprise

That Y-pipe is NICE! :smile
Puttin' the hurt on it. >:D

It was previously shredded from a boulder. I stuck my knife in as a joke.

Thanks!

1321 - 1340 of 1398 Posts