Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1438 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Very cool . And i see the baby tires are put away . I think the key is to get the shock mounts up on the axle as far as you can . they are rock catchers . ask me how i know . I will be working on my front next week stay tuned for how that goes .

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,383
These things are comically big. I just realized I have 1" more lift on the passenger side - probably because one of the spring isolators fell out. I'll pull the other one out if I can get my spring loose. Currently I have 3-4" of up travel, depending which side I measure. Not completely ideal but fine for rock crawling as long as I can stuff the tire. I would like to get more up travel though. If I have to put my wheel spacers back on I should be able to add some more.

This pic is from yesterday, plenty of room to go if I want to beat back the pinch weld more.
20191103_102538.jpg

Today
20191104_161041.jpg

20191104_161033.jpg

I'll work on it more, maybe Wednesday if the weather is decent and hopefully this weekend again.

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,387
I'm thinking friday night and sunday I will be able to work on the FJ again. I'm really excited to finish the rear "super" LT. But Saturday we are driving to Texas and possibly picking up this cool CJ8 for my dad. As much as I want to work on my FJ saturday with the beautiful weather we are supposed to have (70 deg).

What do you think? D44 front, 12 Bolt rear, semi built 350 motor, Atlas 2 speed, 36" iroks, cage. Not an over the top build by any means but really clean and my dad wants something streetable and able to do the easier stuff in Kansas with us. He already has a small list of things he wants us to help change on it!

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Saturday we are driving to Texas and possibly
It takes a special person... :wink they're fun as any and I think people appreciate them for all the ruggedness and feeling closer to nature with no doors. My friend has one and it seemed like a pain to travel with. We left at night time for a trip and it got really chilly and they had blankets and face scarves when it got dusty. I don't think I'd like to be anywhere but front of the pack with that rig with seat warmers and a top to cut out the wind. Btw ladies love it and boys, well... up to no good lol. That sounds fun that he wants to join you on the trails

·
トヨタ Master
5,785 Posts
CJ8. At least it's a real jeep. Sort of. No flat fenders but it can tag along in my group.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Next time measure from the top of your axle to the bottom of your frame . I am curious what you come up with .

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,395
Next time measure from the top of your axle to the bottom of your frame . I am curious what you come up with .
Fully extended? Currently its as if Im running a 30.5" shock in the factory location. MT LT uses a 28.5" extended shock. If thats what you're after?

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,398

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,400
Hows it feel to have made the forum cover photo?! Super awesome!
It is really cool! As far as the forum change goes, I'm hoping to be able to edit posts in my build and make pictures larger. Some of the links in my OP aren't pointing to the right places either.

1381 - 1400 of 1438 Posts