Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--------------------------------------Another batch is currently getting made, end of Nov. ship date -----------------------------------------------------------

Price is $90 shipped per pair, or $50 for single.

These seemed to be a success last year, so I'm getting another smaller batch made again. They are CNC laser cut from 1/2" thick steel and press broke at 90 degrees. Made in the USA! This batch will have machined edges making them good for soft shackles. You can still use a regular D ring shackle just fine too. They bolt to the frame using existing weldnuts and can be fitted to either side of the frame, new grade 10.9 bolts are included (anti-seize recommended). They will ship raw steel, that way you can paint them whatever color you wish. I don't have much labor into them myself this time so I'm trying my best to offer them at a low price.

Please check your towing accessories, aux gas tank, and exhaust tailpipe before ordering. Most of the time 2 will fit but sometimes there are clearance issues. If you know for sure you want to purchase these I will ask that you contact me and pay now up-front. That way you reserve your spot in line and I can ship a bunch of them together once I receive them. Its basically first come first served! :)

Minor grinding to the frame may be necessary to get the recovery point to lay flat depending on how clean the frame was welded. Most of them fit fine however. Other than that all you have to do is remove the weak OE driver side tow hook (where applicable) and bolt these in. I believe Australian and Middle East spec FJ's will need minor modifications for fitment but its doable. BTW these also fit 3rd (front and rear), 4th, and 5th gen 4runners.

This batch will have the edges machined as shown:

Capture.JPG

20170402_112935.jpg

20170402_113057.jpg

I think that's everything. Feel free to PM or post any questions down below. Thanks guys,

-Devon

·
A-Team Moderator
8,198 Posts
Great job, thank you for doing this! :cheers:

And before anyone complains of Non-Supporting Vendors issues, there are no supporting vendors offering these. This is being allowed, just like the soft shackles were and just like the BeastWagen's part out's.

With the time involved, effort, expense, S&H, etc... the profit margin is negligible and is done for the benefit of the FJC community.

Thank you Devon!

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
They work better when painted red instead of blue...JK. These are top notch. Also fits with an aftermarket rear bumper. The bolts that Devon includes are long enough to bolt them in even with the steel bumper. Get them while you can folks. Thanks for doing this again!

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
G'day,

another trick when mounting these to your frame rails....is to sandwich a 1/4 - 1/2 inch piece of HDPE between the RP and the frame.
this creates a squash zone and saves you grinding down the frame welds n bumps - as the HDPE conforms to the shape of the rail ... and acts a bit like a thin(ish) spacer..
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've replied back to everyone. Doing pretty good so far, still quite a few slots available yet!

Devon
I can’t believe I didn’t get a pair from you when we had dinner- totally blanked you were the guy making these:(
I’ll take one
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PM's sent!

Devon
I can’t believe I didn’t get a pair from you when we had dinner- totally blanked you were the guy making these:(
I’ll take one
Steve
I would like a pair as well.
Like I said in the OP these will hopefully be completed 3 weeks from now and I will ship them all ASAP! Thank you all for your patience!!

1 - 20 of 242 Posts