Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I finally installed the pair. Painted them Hemi Orange, close enough to Magma, the Magma spray can I purchased did not match as well. I have the rear skid plate so had to cut the right side to match the left so these would fit. Also had to mount the right side with bolts out to clear the exhaust (as mentioned previously) so also mounted the left the same way for symmetry. I really like these.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Hey @Iconic_!

Any idea if these will fit on a 2015 JP model FJ? I ask as you said they need a bit of work for GCC and AUS models.
They should fit. A small modification had to be made to the other overseas models due to a frame weld for the aux gas tank or something, not allowing the recovery point to sit flat. I think I ground about 1/8" off the base for a couple pairs but I can't remember exactly. But your Japanese model doesn't have the aux tank I don't think. The other factor with it being a '15 model year throws another wrench in. That said, I've never sold a set that hasn't fit.

PM me if you would like to try a pair. Looks like shipping is another 25 USD to get it to UK.

·
Registered
221 Posts
They are outstanding. Don't hesitate if you are on the fence. You probably won't find a better pair for less. They are beefy.
I have mine painted. Just waiting for a warm sunny day to get them on. Better just do it before I actually need them.
Thanks again Iconic.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Finally got a day where the weather decided to cooperate a little. Got the driver's side on but the passenger's side is gonna need a little finessing and a second set of hands because of the tailpipe. Stoked on the product and can't wait to get the second one on.
fullsizeoutput_b90.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Finally got a day where the weather decided to cooperate a little. Got the driver's side on but the passenger's side is gonna need a little finessing and a second set of hands because of the tailpipe. Stoked on the product and can't wait to get the second one on.
Nice paint jobs!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
View attachment 1120558
Hoping the Powell Peralta Bones sticker gives some added protection for the tail slides?:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed ... after receiving them last summer, it’s taken me this long to have them put in.

painted them Ferrari Red, and local body shop - Dougs Place EDMONTON, Alberta, Canada, didn’t charge me a nickel, said lunch for the boys was good enough.

Anyhow, was heading to the mountains for a getaway and I thought this would be very important to have for extraction or recovery at any point have a look at the pics they turned out awesome and high-quality. 10/10 and great shipping with no hassles

Note: the provided bolts are not painted however the body shop gave me enough paint to touch them up and I’ll do that in the warmer weather arrives in May.

·
トヨタ Master
7,985 Posts
Yo D! You have any front recovery points that will fit a 2nd gen Taco. FJs are similar.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts