Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a hill near Jerusalem where the Romans cruxified people.

and "Cavalry" is a horse-mounted army troop that wore BLUE uniforms back in the day.

Pinheads!

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is a new color for the 2011 FJs. Toyota calls it Calvary Blue. Many of us think it should be Cavalry Blue.

siskiyou2

·
Registered
338 Posts
There is a new color for the 2011 FJs. Toyota calls it Calvary Blue. Many of us think it should be Cavalry Blue.

siskiyou2
Well...it's either a typo or a Chinese translation:rofl:

If it's truly 'Calvary' Blue, Toyota is in for some smackdown:ninja:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Similar thing happened with the FJ40s years ago. There was a light "sky" blue that was referred to in sales literature as Horizontal Blue. One look that color and you'd assume they meant Horizon Blue, but that's not what was printed.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Japanengrish strikes again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used to live in Japan and they're huge into t-shirts with enlish sayings, but 90% of them make no sense what-so-ever.
I remember one with a picture of a muscle car and it said "Fast Times in the Detorit". Obviously it was supposed to say "Detroit".
Other ones have these rambling sentences that make no sense, like "A time, a place, the wind shining through the sea as earth turns through relaxation". WTF?:rofl:

I don't get it, but they love that stuff.

I don't think they mean anything by it, so you can probably change your Enola Gay silver back to fresco metallic.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh, that's so irritating. That's one of my pet peeves. I was in the Cavalry, and I hear that all the time.

In fact the other day, I was talking to a new neighbor and he saw the Cavalry sticker on the windshield of my FJ (complete with crossed sabres), and asked "Oh, do you go there?" Meaning Calvary Church.

It's hard to see because it's small and because the wiper lines are right there, but:

I hadn't heard they were doing a Cavalry Blue! I hope they actually make it Cavalry Blue - their Army Green is a shade of green that *nothing* in the Army happens to be. Well, maybe the Swiss Army. I dunno.

OH, EDIT: I just Googled the new color, and I dig it. Needs a yellow stripe down the side, though. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh, that's so irritating. That's one of my pet peeves. I was in the Cavalry, and I hear that all the time.

In fact the other day, I was talking to a new neighbor and he saw the Cavalry sticker on the windshield of my FJ (complete with crossed sabres), and asked "Oh, do you go there?" Meaning Calvary Church.
LOL. Thanks for your service to "Cavalry" church. Did you have to explain the difference between dodging the collection plate and dodging a bullet:rofl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another classic Japlish translation was a car in the 80's by Mitsubishi called the Starion. The hood emblem had running horses in it. Well, something got lost in the translation somewhere in the process but the car was to be called Stallion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts