Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the rear locker mod awhile back without cutting the speed sensor wire(purple). I used it last night in the snow and now my check engine, scid control, vsc lights will not go off. ABS, 4x4 and rear locker on demand still works but nothing else. Which I don't mind in the snow. I'm due for an inspection at end of month and the check engine light has me worried. I hope disconnectioning batttery will reset everything. Does anyone know the cause? Maybe driving over 30mph and not cutting speed sensor wire? or is this a common issue?

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I guess that I'm not familiar with this "on demand" diff mod. Are just talking about the mod to allow use of the locker in high range. You've referred to it as "on demand" but this locker will not work like a mechanical locker such as what Chevy pickup trucks have. It is either on or off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Woodsman. You are the man. Just came back from grocery store and lights went off. I could not have fix it without you.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I guess that I'm not familiar with this "on demand" diff mod. Are just talking about the mod to allow use of the locker in high range. You've referred to it as "on demand" but this locker will not work like a mechanical locker such as what Chevy pickup trucks have. It is either on or off.
With this mod...you can engage the rear locker anytime without having to have the transfer engaged in either four lo or Hi. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
With this mod...you can engage the rear locker anytime without having to have the transfer engaged in either four lo or Hi. :cheers:
Exactly. It does require that you activate/deactivate it manually with the button (i.e. not "on-demand" as that denotes something that is automatic).

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Gotta agree with the Woodsman on this. On demand made me think of positrac or similar product. So, what is your take on the mod?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My TV on demand only works when I push a button. It does not come on by itself. Damm, you got me to make an off topic comment. Lights came back on last night. Loose connection at locker mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts