Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is all, just don't want people to freak out if things fill up. If it really is full and it doesn't open up, please email [email protected] to let us know!

Thanks.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Where? Where? I don't see em anywhere. Where are these new trails you speak of? Are you going to take bulldozers and carve them out of the mountains before we get there?

j/k, of course :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my first summit and I have a question about trails. I would like to take the Engineer and Cinnamon passes different days. On the summit site it say to sign up for the Alpine Loop if you wanted to do one of those passes. I signed up for the Alpine Loop on Thur and Fri with the intention of breaking it up. Is my logic correct or what is the proper way to go about this? Thank you in advance for the help.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
This is my first summit and I have a question about trails. I would like to take the Engineer and Cinnamon passes different days. On the summit site it say to sign up for the Alpine Loop if you wanted to do one of those passes. I signed up for the Alpine Loop on Thur and Fri with the intention of breaking it up. Is my logic correct or what is the proper way to go about this? Thank you in advance for the help.
Both Engineer and Cinnamon Passes basically go from the area around Animas Forks over to Lake City. You should look them up on a map so you know what we're talking about here.

While there are other ways to go back to Ouray once you get to Lake City, they are quite far and take a long time.....one of them would be much longer than just going back via Cinnamon Pass.

They put these two trails together because they create a 'loop' out of going over to Lake City and back.

I suspect that, once you see them on the map, you'll rethink your plan and just do the Alpine Loop on one day and something else on the other day.

Edit:
Alpine Loop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts