Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so were leaving the parking lot at Wal mart, we(Scott) see this guy checking out the FJ and he follows us all the way home just to ask how we liked the FJ?? It kinda creeped us out. How would you feel??

we answered his questions short & sweet, but not in the friendliest of manners considering he followed us!!! He was in a newish Nissan Titan, and seemed nice, glad i was not alone though. He stayed in his truck too.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
I would have taken down the license plate. creepy!!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well... For starters, when you're being tailed/followed - don't go home.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I woulda called him terrible names and then took the 50 bucks he offered me for letting him lick my boot soles. heheeh. Seriously creepy.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Sketchy. If I notice someone following me, I vector off at a reasonable distance from home and choose an alternate destination in case this guy has motives other than honorable. I'm a little leery of leading someone to where I live, or worse yet, where my wife and dogs are home alone sometimes.

If all is well and he's just really curious about the FJ, very well. If it isn't and they guy's a nutberger, I didn't show him where I live, where my wife lives or where my FJ lives.

Glad it turned out. Eyeball the closely for a couple of months. I say this last bit because FJs are a dime a dozen right now and even more readily available for a serious looker at any Toy dealership. If you have a neighborhood watch, alert them to be on the lookout for this guy.

my 2 c.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We saw him at walmart, then he followed us discreetly because Scott looks out for that and sometimes i'll say why didn't you turn here, he'll say i want to see if we are being followed, this guy was good cause we(Scott) weren't suspect at all. another learning point.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sketchy. If I notice someone following me, I vector off at a reasonable distance from home and choose an alternate destination in case this guy has motives other than honorable. I'm a little leery of leading someone to where I live, or worse yet, where my wife and dogs are home alone sometimes.

If all is well and he's just really curious about the FJ, very well. If it isn't and they guy's a nutberger, I didn't show him where I live, where my wife lives or where my FJ lives.

Glad it turned out. Eyeball the closely for a couple of months. I say this last bit because FJs are a dime a dozen right now and even more readily available for a serious looker at any Toy dealership. If you have a neighborhood watch, alert them to be on the lookout for this guy.

my 2 c.

This is what i was saying in my above post, we live about 3 to 4 miles from walmart, and went home unusally too, so he laid back a ways.

we will be on the lookout and keep her garaged to. I try to be alert when by myself, but you know how that goes.

Thanks. Wrig was wondering if we should have been freindlier or not, but the more i think of it, he could have stopped us in the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
too bad you did not notice him earlier...or maybe you did...and not go to your home but to a public place to stop and get out and look directly at him...noticing his features and his vehicle while taking down his license plate. Then after he passes you can continue home...or if he stops to just ask questions you home still is not compromised.

many times it is just someone that wants to talk about your vehicle but in todays age you cant be too careful...

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
We saw him at walmart, then he followed us discreetly because Scott looks out for that and sometimes i'll say why didn't you turn here, he'll say i want to see if we are being followed, this guy was good cause we(Scott) weren't suspect at all. another learning point.

Sandabbe, this reaffirms my idea to keep a close eye for a couple to a few months. Sounds like this guy may not have the best of intentions.

Great to hear Scott was on the ball. Would be a great idea to keep it up, take different routes home, notify neighborhood watch, even loop the block once in a while when leaving and/or coming home to ensure the guy isn't waiting for an opportunity.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Debbie,first I would not have talked to him but you were with Wrig. Tom and I are pretty savy but you and Scott are too. We watch each others backs I know how we do.

That is a creepy encounter. Tom says though BEWARE of anyone that follows you home. They are probably not the friends we want to hang with.

Kim:thinkerg:

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
another reason not to share to much info even on here, just because we live in a strange world and they are smart on their prey.. my 02

·
Registered
704 Posts
You have nothing to worry about, no one would steal a 4x2 FJ.....LMAO :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sandabbe, this reaffirms my idea to keep a close eye for a couple to a few months. Sounds like this guy may not have the best of intentions.

Great to hear Scott was on the ball. Would be a great idea to keep it up, take different routes home, notify neighborhood watch, even loop the block once in a while when leaving and/or coming home to ensure the guy isn't waiting for an opportunity.
Thanks, Just told my son to keep an eye too, and if he sees a similiar truck to call the police, and do not go home.

Debbie,first I would not have talked to him but you were with Wrig. Tom and I are pretty savy but you and Scott are too. We watch each others backs I know how we do.

That is a creepy encounter. Tom says though BEWARE of anyone that follows you home. They are probably not the friends we want to hang with.

Kim:thinkerg:
Good thing Scott was with me, but he saw him in the lot at walmart, i did not. So i answered his questions, then when scott got tothe back of the car, he was not happy seeing the guy (i thought he was just passing by on our block) so when Scott was curt with the guy i knew something was up, i know my man after all these years. and deferred all questions to him. thats when he decided to go. If i was by myself i would like to think i would not have talked to him??? but i will be very cautious for the next few months. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I would certainly tell your neighbors to keep an open eye for the vehicle he was in. You may also think about filing some sort of report with the local police telling them you just had a bad feel about it. At least that way you are on record if anything further occurs.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
You have nothing to worry about, no one would steal a 4x2 FJ.....LMAO :)
You know.... I don't usually say something but that is just unkind! FJs are Fjs buddy and that is just an ugly comment.

Debbie, our rigs are just as good and I am VERY glad that you and Scott are safe!

Step off EffJae, that is just ugly.

Kim:flame:

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts

+1!

Yet some folks think I'm a "nutberger" because I'm always armed.

stringmachine said:
another reason not to share to much info even on here
Agree also.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would certainly tell your neighbors to keep an open eye for the vehicle he was in. You may also think about filing some sort of report with the local police telling them you just had a bad feel about it. At least that way you are on record if anything further occurs.
Thanks for the advice, i will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, maybe there is a look out for someone like this.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts