Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I get better gas mileage? This smart car was parked at my softball game tonight, had to play with it a little.

I think it's an over priced death trap with good gas mileage.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Funny pics! They are just TOO small for me.

Kim

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My FJ had to sniff it's butt to see if it liked it or not. It didn't.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
So did you have the urge to push the smart straight out of the spot and take it?

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah you're thinking exactly what I was when I pulled in behind it. You should of seen the $h1+ eaten look on the womans face when she walked up to us. Apparently the proud owner of the match box. I would have liked to try to climb over the piece of crap but I think I would have gotten high centered. The thing is taller than it is long! Looks kind of like a wart or something. $24K for a motor in your lap, no thanks. I'll take my 12.5 MPG over that thing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Cool photo...
hey if your bored and look at these things they are actually built very well. They get OK mileage and I agree I wouldn't take it over the FJ but check U-Tube Smart Car vid's. They have a smart car hitting a concrete wall at 70mph. The wall is positioned on a slight angle but it's pretty impressive once they look into the ****pit to see what "might" have happened to the driver.
If nothing else it is interesting....:bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That thing IS the devil! Look at the license plate!
I didn't even notice the license plate until you just pointed it out. I was overcome by the shear look of the thing.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Cool photo...
hey if your bored and look at these things they are actually built very well. They get OK mileage and I agree I wouldn't take it over the FJ but check U-Tube Smart Car vid's. They have a smart car hitting a concrete wall at 70mph. The wall is positioned on a slight angle but it's pretty impressive once they look into the ****pit to see what "might" have happened to the driver.
If nothing else it is interesting....:bandit:
Wow I saw the impact testing! It has a steel cage which does the trick,problem is your body will be like a scrambled egg if the 5k Fj hits it:lol:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Anyone who thinks those are too small to be comfortable needs to sit in one... I am 6'1" 300lbs and it is shockingly spacious inside!

Unfortunately the new models are pigs! A bit bigger than they used to be and really not the most impressive mileage considering....

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It looks like a street legal golf cart.

I've see a few buzzing around town. Seems the drivers have an "I'm better than you" attitude 'cause I'm eco-friendly. I'm sure the cars are safe enough until they get smashed between a garbage truck and a soccer mom in a Suburban.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like a street legal golf cart.

I've see a few buzzing around town. Seems the drivers have an "I'm better than you" attitude 'cause I'm eco-friendly. I'm sure the cars are safe enough until they get smashed between a garbage truck and a soccer mom in a Suburban.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I wonder what it's towing capacity is?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Please keep your distance. I don't want to know what comes of this if they end up mating. :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please keep your distance. I don't want to know what comes of this if they end up mating. :shock:
:rofl:
Hummer H3!!
:rofl:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Well if it comes out lifted and 4x4 with at least 30 M.P.H you just never Know :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts