1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
920 Posts
Just leave the windows cracked this time of year. The bugs aren't out in the cool evenings.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Slept in mine a lot the first few months I owned it at rig sites. It was the winter in Shreveport LA so it was cold- kept the windows up and would turn the truck on for about 15 minutes every 2-3 hours to warm up my toes. Ended up getting a sleeping blanket- fixed that issue- not comfortable in the front seats but manageable in the back with the seats down.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just leave the windows cracked this time of year. The bugs aren't out in the cool evenings.
What mountains are you from?:lol: We still have creepy crawlers and micro vampires around here!
Slept in mine a lot the first few months I owned it at rig sites. It was the winter in Shreveport LA so it was cold- kept the windows up and would turn the truck on for about 15 minutes every 2-3 hours to warm up my toes. Ended up getting a sleeping blanket- fixed that issue- not comfortable in the front seats but manageable in the back with the seats down.

:cheers:
I have an air mattress setup for the back I'm going to try out this weekend...:cheers:

·
Registered
920 Posts
I live just above Travelers Rest, but have been in the woods a few evenings this past week with the cooler weather. Bugs haven't been bad at all.

·
Registered
443 Posts
fiberglass screen duct taped in place over the back window - I thought about working on some flexible magnets or something but I haven't got around to it.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Bugs? eat them for protein.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Using straps secure a tarp to the back of the FJ using the roof rack and then to the bottom of the bumper. Then you can crack the back window and get enough air flow with out having to deal with to many bugs.

If you look at the picture this is how the top was secure and then when we were ready for bead you just undo the straps from the tree and let it drape down.

Sleeping in the back is fine if you are by your self, but can be pretty uncomfortable for two people on a twin air mattress. We said screw it and went back to a tent and just have to pray we don't get caught in another flash flood.

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Using straps secure a tarp to the back of the FJ using the roof rack and then to the bottom of the bumper. Then you can crack the back window and get enough air flow with out having to deal with to many bugs.

If you look at the picture this is how the top was secure and then when we were ready for bead you just undo the straps from the tree and let it drape down.

Sleeping in the back is fine if you are by your self, but can be pretty uncomfortable for two people on a twin air mattress. We said screw it and went back to a tent and just have to pray we don't get caught in another flash flood.
Yeah this is going to be kinda of an experiment for the air mattress idea. I have a tent backup:bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts