Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question...I ordered train horns and you need to wire up the compressor to the ignition so it'll shut off and won't fill the tank when the car is off... Can any one post a pic of where I add,or splice this wire into the ignition source?? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot...I'm debating to this or just running a flip switch one wire to the compressor connected to the switch and another wire from the switch to positive, but I have so many switches for all my other lights and alarm and air horn, I don't want to drill any holes haha

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
How many amps does the compressor draw? I bet you'll probably want to use a relay to actually feed power to the compressor, and just use an ignition-hot wire (like the one in the link I posted) to trigger the relay. Most of the hot-with-ignition wires are light-gauge and not suitable for any significant current.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many amps does the compressor draw? I bet you'll probably want to use a relay to actually feed power to the compressor, and just use an ignition-hot wire (like the one in the link I posted) to trigger the relay. Most of the hot-with-ignition wires are light-gauge and not suitable for any significant current.
i dont know exactly how much it draws, its not going to come or at least another week cause with christmas and all the shipping is taking a while, but that sounds like a good idea thanks a lot, i find it easier to have it hotwired into the ignition rather putting in yet another, upon many, switches lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts