Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

Getting my wiring harness ready to install the iLX-W650 into my 2008 FJ with the basic black stereo. I have the following questions if anyone would be so kind:

1 - GROUND - The black ground wire coming out of the radio is beefy with a big connector on it and is simply labeled "Ground". My Scosche connector has one black wire that says "Chassis Ground". It also, on the bag, has a label for a wire not on the connector (black/white) and it says Factory Amplifier Ground. Again, that is not the connector. Am I safe to assume I simply connect these two black wires? My only apprehension was how beefy the wire is on the radio compared to the Scosche.

2 - RED - IGNITION/ACC - Similar question. One from the radio is beefy and came with a connector on it. Can I just solder that to my red line from the Schosche labeled "Ignition/Switched"?

3 - YELLOW - Battery - Same thing here...beefy from the radio with a fuse on it, and small from the connector. Should I just connect it? Do I need to keep the fuse?

4 - ORANGE - New question here. The orange line from my Scosche labeled "Illumination/Dimmer" seems to have no where to connect to the Alpine. Does it go elsewhere?

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
i installed the same radio just recently....

you’ll need to get parking brake wire as well... otherwise can’t get into advanced settings

i can help you with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i installed the same radio just recently....

you’ll need to get parking brake wire as well... otherwise can’t get into advanced settings

i can help you with that

Did you connect all the wires I asked about as I stated? Parking brake and rear view camera are next to think about...

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
i used the PAC integration box... regrettable.... i will eventually go your route... that said, what you’ve got is reasonable.... the illumination wire is not used by alpine. i also have the alpine piggyback amp...

if you have the sub woofer option, you’ll need to handle the switch wire yourself i think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts