Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new car this coming year, and everything I've seen about the FJC has impressed me. My main concern is the vehicle's size. I'm about 6'5" tall and I have trouble fitting into some vehicles comfortably.

Does anyone have any insight on whether I'll have any serious problems fitting comfortably in the FJC's interior? The pics on the edmunds review made it look like the driver's space was a little tight.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Welcome beedell. Tall guys rule, except when it comes to the ingress/egress of motorized vehicles. I've got the same concern that you do at 6'4" and a 36" inseam. I can't fit in a 4Runner. From everything I've heard we are going to be ok up front in the FJC. You won't know for sure until you sit in it yourself but the consensus around here is us tall guys are going to be ok. So don't worry, there's a big dude named pigmY around here that goes 6'3", 300lbs that wants one too and Toyota doesn't want to piss him off because if they do he's going to go back to where he comes from and bring back some dudes that aren't pigmies.

·
Registered
378 Posts
beedell said:
I need to buy a new car this coming year, and everything I've seen about the FJC has impressed me. My main concern is the vehicle's size. I'm about 6'5" tall and I have trouble fitting into some vehicles comfortably.

Does anyone have any insight on whether I'll have any serious problems fitting comfortably in the FJC's interior? The pics on the edmunds review made it look like the driver's space was a little tight.

Thanks.
Take out the front seat and sit in the back !!:D
seriously, what are you driving now ?!?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm 6'02" 230 and just sat in it for the first time this weekend at the LA show. I had no problems with room. I know that extra 3 inches can mean a lot, but I think you will be OK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
At 6'6", I've got you beat by an inch and I know your pain. Although I've put down my deposit for an FJ, I haven't sat in one yet. Last weekend we had a local dealers auto show in Virginia Beach. No FJ but I sat in about every SUV and truck to see what I could fit in. The only two that were comfortable for my 6'6" frame were the Honda Element and the Hummer H3. When I got back home I compared the interior specs on the FJ and the H3. Both have 41.9" of legroom, and the FJ at 41.3" has more headroom than the H3 at 40.6".
Everyone who has sat in an FJ and posted on this forum seems to agree that us tall guys will be very pleased with the amount of headroom and legroom for the driver. -But I don't think we'll want to be a passenger in the back seat for a long trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I'll check it out because it sounds like it won't be a waste of time for a larger person to shop.

I currently drive a CRV that I leased for my wife. When she got pregnant with another, we knew she would outgrow that car and I bought her a minivan. I've been okay in the CRV (which has been a good car) for the remainder of the lease, but I'm definitely ready for something a little roomier and more rugged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts