Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn I found the manufacture date on these tires before but now I cant seem to find it. I feel like I'm going crazy. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
The date code will be on the outside of the tire near the rim like where all the "fine print" and the max pressure info is. Your picture is small but I would guess at about 6-8 o'clock on the tire in your picture.

Page two of the pdf linked earlier tells how to interpret the code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The date code will be on the outside of the tire near the rim like where all the "fine print" and the max pressure info is. Your picture is small but I would guess at about 6-8 o'clock on the tire in your picture.

Page two of the pdf linked earlier tells how to interpret the code.
I found the date but its on the inside. Should the tires have been mounted so the date is on the outside?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I misunderstood what you meant by inside.

I'm not familiar with the model of tire you have. Unless they are directional (designed to rotate in one direction only) which is unlikely in an all terrain tire, it shouldn't matter.

I don't if this is still a thing but years ago the installer would ask if you wanted the white lettering or black lettering on the outside. I haven't been asked that in a while. The point being it didn't matter which side was outside.

It is strange that I've never been unable to find the date code because it was only on the inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts