Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a set of Rigid D2 dually's from an online Rigid distributor. The site looked nice and everything seems (ed) legit.

Timeline.

1. Ordered lights -showed in stock and immediate shipping

2. Next day - got email from seller saying thanks for order, parts shipping.

3. Several days, no lights

4. About 5 days later got a second email saying that the lights were backordered and now they have them. They will "ship today and we'll send you an email with tracking number"

5. 2 days later 1/26/11 got email from seller saying "Delivered Via Fed Ex Ground 3:55 pm 1/26/11"

6. I'm now out of town on business so I had my wife check for lights. No lights anywhere around house. (live on a semi private street, last house) so it's highly unlikely someone stole the package.

7. Emailed seller telling them I didn't get the Dually's. Asked for tracking number.

8. Received response from seller:
"We had a delayed with the shipping from the manufacter. But I was shipped on 27 last week. I will ask for the tracking form the manufacter on Monday to
send it to you.

Thanks for understanding.
I will offer you a 5% off for future orders by our website.

Please use 5off code at the checkout."

At this point I am starting to get a little freaked out about my $400 order. I have been ordering stuff online for years and I have never had anyone tell me an order was delivered when it wasn't, then take it back and tell me the parts were backordered and that they would get me a tracking number from the manufacturer.

I can only hope that they made an honest mistake and at this point I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. But I am feeling very uneasy at this point and if I don't get a tracking number Monday I am going to flip out on someone.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
If you paid with a credit card you can dispute the charge saying it was never received. After you do that, it's up to them to prove it was.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Did you pay with a credit card? If yes, next file a dispute with them and you can get your money or your order.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a visa debit card. But it still has fraud protection. Hopefully, I don't have to test it out.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Just a suggestion - perhaps call said company rather than shoot emails back and forth. More likely to get a just answer or clarification on your order than you will via email.
x2

Also, if it's a company that I don't know, I check reviews on that company to see what type of history they have.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
A phone call sounds like it is in order. If there is no or less than satisfactory resolution, consider notifying the manufacturer about the problem with the distibutor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had an issue like this as well through amazon, got shipping notification and a tracking number, said it was delivered no package though, i finally called and amazon said they never shipped it...why this happened no one know.. tracking showed it scanned in at all the UPS facilities, it was very weird, i eventually ended up getting the item.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Something similar happened to me a few years back with my budbuilt skid order.
4 of 6 boxes were delivered, but the tracking showed all delivered.
I opened a claim together with Bud to get UPS to find my stuff. 4 days later the last 2 boxes showed up all mangled. Thank god they were steel.
Me and Bud came to the conclusion that the UPS guy didn't feel like lifting to two heavy boxes and just scanned them as delivered and left them in the warehouse.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a suggestion - perhaps call said company rather than shoot emails back and forth. More likely to get a just answer or clarification on your order than you will via email.
I will Monday if I don't get a tracking number. Should have done it last week but I procrastinated.

·
Registered
428 Posts
In my experience, Fed Ex ground is slower than UPS ground. Good luck getting your lights.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Why do I have this picture in my head of the rewards ad running "Hello my name Peggy . . ." when he calls the company?

Seriously hope it works out for you, and I recommend disputing it with the Bank's cardholder services as well.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I feel much better about this now.

The owner went out of his way to call me and explain to me exactly what happened and why.
According to him, the issue was caused by a high demand for the new Rigid D2's, and bad communication between Rigid and his store. (although his store had them listed as in stock)

He went in depth about the situation and seemed very sincere. He also asked me if I was a member of some Jeep forum as he is a big sponsor there, and also Cruiserheads. I think he may have been worried about word of mouth.
I told him I was a member of this forum. (his store is not a fj forum sponsor)

According him, at this point, the D2's are supposed to be shipping directly from Rigid Industries next week and he will call me personally when he gets the tracking number and give it to me. He also offered to cancel the order and refund the money if I just wanted to do that while apologizing repeatedly.

After speaking with him, I feel comfortable that I am not getting shafted and I am going to keep the order open. I'm on business till next week anyway. A little good information, is all I wanted.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
And they lived happily ever after. The end.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
it's amazing how communication can solve a lot...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey Ozark guy, how'd this all turn out? I'd been thinking about ordering some of the new D2's, and would like to know what you think of them as well as your supplier; did you get a better price than what's on the Rigid website?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Not sure if this really happened since the OP has not put up any pics of these lights!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts