Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after nearly 2 years of ownership (just 11 more days), i finally waxed/polished/whatever'd it. I wasn't concerned about the pretty trail rash and what not, more of the condition of the paint and the stupid spider scratches. I NEED this paintjob to last a couple years before i have to fork over the cash for the Olive Drab.

Anyway, it was starting to look like crap. It looked like i washed it with some 80 grit sand paper. Now, it looks like i used 120 :rocker:

I spent 3.5 hours doing it. Completely detailed the interior too. You wouldn't believe the number of french fries that were in this thing!! They kept falling through the ebrake hole. :lol:

P.S. I used Nu Polish. It's in an orange bottle and is supposedly a once a year thing... so that means i won't have to do this crap again for a while :bigthumb:

Please.. ignore the giant light pole.

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
Yup. Gotta get her clean before you get her dirty before you need to get her clean before gettin her dirty....

...and the beat goes on.

Nice rig, Dom. :)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Well hey when you are at the mall you got the perfect spot for camping for when the next big sale is on. I was gonna wax my beast but I decided to wash the truck instead. lollerpallooser:rofl:

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well hey when you are at the mall you got the perfect spot for camping for when the next big sale is on. I was gonna wax my beast but I decided to wash the truck instead. lollerpallooser:rofl:
well.. i did wash it. BEFORE the wax. :lol:

Honestly though, the fj just smells good now.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice job cleaning it! Isnt nu-finish great? easy as hell to use and it lasts a long time. Probably not a whole year but def better then most.
Nu-finish! thats what its called... :lol:

It was extremely easy to use which i was not used to. I'm going to do it again in 30 days like the back of the bottle said. Hopefully that'll do it.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Nu-finish! thats what its called... :lol:

It was extremely easy to use which i was not used to. I'm going to do it again in 30 days like the back of the bottle said. Hopefully that'll do it.
You really hate cleaning dont you :) I wax the FJ probably every 3 months. If the water isnt beading right its time for a wax.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I did a good clean-out for the first time in 9 months. My daughter must be starving back there. It seems like everything I've ever given her to eat in the FJ was stuffed somewhere. Oh and the musty smell? I found a bottle filled with mozzarella cheese under the seat. (my daughter's been off bottles for about 4 months now).

So the FJ smells near new again and I won't be embarrassed to give someone a ride.
I'll have to think about that waxing thing, I'm not convinced.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Looks good Dom. :bigthumb:

Another good easy product is Ice by Turtle wax. I used it a couple months ago by Mo's recommendation and it worked great. If I have the time on Saturday I will wash the FJ and use the ice again to get her all pretty for the summit.
Turtle Wax - ICE Spray Detailer

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the only thing about ice products is they dont last and are very oily. The first week it looks great and they dont stain the plastic trim but over time its not nearly as good as a real wax. just my 2 cents
I haven't used the ice wax, but i use the ice car wash.. Smells dang good!

the giant light pole looks good on your rig!

btw, did you try the fries to see if they were still good? i swear, whenever i find ol' fries they look exactly like they did when i dropped them.

your rig looks most excellent! just be careful you don't slip while leaning up against it. :lol:

Hahahaha... seriously i found enough for a small order of mcdonalds fries.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
They said it might rain tomorrow... :lol:

I can't believe it's really blue!

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Good job Dom. You free this weekend?! :)

She is looking SO NICE!

·
Registered
565 Posts
i like the limb risers, after i get my rack that's the next mod, good looking rig!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Dominic whats the purpose of the wires from the roof rack to the bumper? :wave:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts