Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Black Diamond
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been running 305/65/18 (33.7 inch diameter) for 5 years with no issues. I have a BMC and 3 inch lift. OME 884's up front and Toytec Superflex in the rear. Wheels are 18X9 4.5 Backspace and -11 offset.

My question is do you guys think that I'll have issues rubbing the upper control arm running 33X12.5 (32.6 inch diameter) with a BMC and a 3 inch lift?

The 4 Wheel Parts rep was kind of of discouraging me from the 12.5 based on his workings with Tacomas. He did not ask for my wheel offset or backspacing. Only if I had a BMC and 3 inch lift. Right now I barely rub at full crank backing up.

I think I'll be fine since my current tires are taller by 1 inch. The only concern is going from 12 inches wide to 12.5 inches wide but from what I've found here on the forums I think it'll work fine.

Just need some of you guys to chime in to help me out.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
How much room do you currently have between upper control arm and tire? I theory should only bring inward another quarter of inch from current tire width...assuming you are running with same wheels.

·
Registered
2007 Black Diamond
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much room do you currently have between upper control arm and tire? I theory should only bring inward another quarter of inch from current tire width...assuming you are running with same wheels.
Just a smidge under an 1 inch. However the new tires will be 1 inch smaller in diameter.

·
Registered
2007 Black Diamond
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello I like your headlights a lot. What brand are they?
Thanks! I really like them too. They come as a shell setup for halogen bulbs but I put my own HID in there. Bought all the parts from The Retrofit Source. These guys have great customer service and helped me to get my lights dialed. There's even a cutoff line like really expensive lights. Here's the info:

Spyder
SKU: 5075314
UPC: 847245075314

( Spyder Signature ) Toyota FJ Cruiser 07-14 Projector Headlights - Halogen Model Only ( Not Compatible With Xenon/HID Model ) - 3D DRL LED - Black

·
Registered
2007 Black Diamond
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate the help guys.

I decided to go back to a 17 inch wheel with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs 33x12.5. They are going to be a D load / 114 rating which gets me back to OEM. The E load BFG's I've been running for 5 years are way way too stiff for me.

My ride should be really nice after this new setup. Also, replacing all the sway bar links and bushings and went with the Rancho 999305 rear shocks that have 9 adjustment settings. My Bilstein 5100 are 5 years old and pretty shot. Can't wait to get all this done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts