Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello FJ owners,
I owe an apology to everyone that has posted questions and comments regarding DICE Electronics and its products. Towards the holidays, things got real hectic around here and support was low...especially on this forum. I'm sorry for the zero support you have gotten on here, and I plan to turn that around and check on here alot more for questions, problems, and concerns that anyone has about DICE related stuff. I realize there have been problems with the FJ Cruiser and the DICE iPod kit, however we will get it resolved, especially if we have your support. Again, I am truly sorry that you guys were left hanging without technical support when needed. I hope everyone can forgive me, and I'll be here from now on.

Best Regards,
Adam

PS: We have a new firmware coming out this week, which was tested on the FJammer head unit and didn't seem to have any issues, so let us know if you need an update at 888.DICE.999. Thank You

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Adam:

Nice post, your intent is the right one.

FYI, this is what I posted in another thread:

"Well, I got the Dice iPod adapter back in October, and I guess I'm one of the few people happy with it.

I paid $169 for it, and it works exactly right ~ 90% of the time. The biggest difference is to UNLOCK the iPod and have it OFF before hooking in the connector. THEN turn on the car. Once in a very great while, it won't recognize the iPod. Then I simply turn off the FJ, and restart - problem solved.

I had to hard-restart the iPod ONCE, before I learned the above sequence of use. Haven't had to do that since.

For me, living in an urban area, RJP's reasons are exactly right - I want the quality of sound and charging that the connector brings; I want to maintain the stock look to discourage thieves (since my FJ is parked outside both at home and at work), and I like being able to use the steering wheel controls when driving long distances.

YMMV."

Sandi

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello FJ owners,
I owe an apology to everyone that has posted questions and comments regarding DICE Electronics and its products. Towards the holidays, things got real hectic around here and support was low...especially on this forum. I'm sorry for the zero support you have gotten on here, and I plan to turn that around and check on here alot more for questions, problems, and concerns that anyone has about DICE related stuff. I realize there have been problems with the FJ Cruiser and the DICE iPod kit, however we will get it resolved, especially if we have your support. Again, I am truly sorry that you guys were left hanging without technical support when needed. I hope everyone can forgive me, and I'll be here from now on.

Best Regards,
Adam

PS: We have a new firmware coming out this week, which was tested on the FJammer head unit and didn't seem to have any issues, so let us know if you need an update at 888.DICE.999. Thank You
Thanks for the update. I understand that my replacement should be at the retail shop I purchased your DICE unit.

Hopefully it resolves my issues.

My issues have been. The dice unit doesn't always boot up when the FJC is turned on. Sometimes when I advance up one song, it resets the playlist to the beginning. Sometimes it causes the head unit to reboot, or to turn off.

though it's been a nuisance, it still works better then the other after-market interface I tried first!!!

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Matto,
If the DICE adapter was causing your radio to shutoff on its own, then definitely try the upgrade to our newest firmware. Did you already have your current module sent back for replacement? If not, then you can give us a call for the update. The firmware should be available this week.

Hi Sandi,
I'm glad you are pretty satisfied with your DICE kit. This new firmware update should resolve the issues with the radio not recognizing the DICE everytime. So in my opinion, just stick with the current unit you have installed for now, and if other users post that all the issues are fixed, then probably updating for you is a good idea as well.

Adam

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Adam....is the potential to control the iPOD with the head unit possible in the future?

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Adam....is the potential to control the iPOD with the head unit possible in the future?

Hi,
Do you mean full control over every library and feature in the iPod? Currently, you have control over the iPod's tracks, playlists, albums within playlists, and audiobooks from the head unit with the DICE iPod integration kit. If you are wondering about controlling the artist library, genre library, shuffle on/off, etc., then yes, that is definitely a possibility for the future. Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Adam

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,
Do you mean full control over every library and feature in the iPod? Currently, you have control over the iPod's tracks, playlists, albums within playlists, and audiobooks from the head unit with the DICE iPod integration kit. If you are wondering about controlling the artist library, genre library, shuffle on/off, etc., then yes, that is definitely a possibility for the future. Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Adam
Yes...one more question....how about displaying artist/album/song info on the HU?

Thanks.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes...one more question....how about displaying artist/album/song info on the HU?

Thanks.
Hello,
Yes, the song title and artist name will appear on the FJ Cruiser's head unit when the text button is pressed. The album name will probably not appear on the Toyota radios however.

Adam

·
Registered
560 Posts
It's encouraging to see DICE on the forum again ... especially with a potential fix to some of the problems. If I hadn't already returned three units and purchased a fourth (different brand) I would probably give it a shot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's encouraging to see DICE on the forum again ... especially with a potential fix to some of the problems. If I hadn't already returned three units and purchased a fourth (different brand) I would probably give it a shot.
totally agree. I installed a different brand orginally - and, although i could get it working - i had no steering nor text.

Cant wait for the new unit with updated software!

·
Registered
48 Posts
installed an updated software unit to my FJ today, have about 20 startups and it seems to be working great.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do the random and repeat functions work?
Hi Matto,
That's good to hear that it has been working so far :)

Hello RJP,
The random and repeat buttons from the radio will most likely still not put the iPod into shuffle or repeat mode, unless selected directly from the iPod. Those features we are still trying to add in so it works with all makes of vehicles.

Adam

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Dice unit is still working good. The only thing that I'm not sure is a issue or not is that if the ipod was playing a song, and I listen to the ipod and it moves to another song .. when I plug it back into the Dice unit - it resets to the first song in that playlist ...

Other than that .. it's purfect.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The Dice unit is still working good. The only thing that I'm not sure is a issue or not is that if the ipod was playing a song, and I listen to the ipod and it moves to another song .. when I plug it back into the Dice unit - it resets to the first song in that playlist ...

Mine does that too. I simply use the steering wheel controls to FF to the next song in the Playlist, which is always a random choice.

Sandi

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Matto,
If you disconnect the iPod from the DICE unit and use it for music with headphones or another device, then the playlist might start over when hooked back up. However, if you disconnect the iPod from the DICE and hook it back up a few hours later without doing anything to the iPod, then it should definitely start up where it left off. Does it always start over from the beginning?

Adam

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thank goodness support is back.

I want to make sure I understand correctly. Does the new firmware fix the problem where the DICE is not always recognized when I start my FJ, especially if the CD or CD1 input is not selected or if the FJammer is off? It is pretty inconvenient to have to restart my car sometimes just because of DICE.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I will let ya know.
My new one arrived today, and I swapped out the 2nd one.

I am on my 3rd, as I was one of the first 3 or so to get the original one when it was sold for the FJ, and the text did not show on the first gen.

The 2nd one I just swapped out today worked great, but every once in awhile it would get the FJammer not seeing it, but turning off the rig then turning it back on would cure it as others found out.

That just started in too recently for some reason, as it never did that at first when I got the 2nd one.

But I will put this one through its paces this week to see if that still happens or not.

I hooked up the new one today by just plugging in the cables, nothing else.
It fired right up after turning on the rig and picked up on the correct song in my playlist.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello,
Has anyone had any issues with the updated DICE firmware in their FJ? Please let me know of anything. Thank You

Best Regards,
Adam

1 - 20 of 31 Posts