Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our second trail run of the Summit was Imogene; lots of fun despite the low challenge rating. Great trail leading by Harry got us all through without a single mishap. We did miss "the shot" positioning at the top, but our PHOTO convoy ended up being backed up by an incredibly slow group in front of us and things started getting pressed for time. Despite this, we met a lot of cool people and it was a blast so we will definitely be going back here to get some poser pics!

Starting things off is Harry "Higear".

Next up is a 2012 RR from the SF Bay Area.

A Taco along for the ride.

Slide 1: My entry into Imogene Creek.

Slide 2: The creek fights back!

Slide 3: I win, but not without a loss... :lol:

Datajockeys making a run through Imogene Creek.

A proud Texan taking on Colorado's creeks and mountains.

2014 TTUE on what appears to be a maiden voyage.

Harry's son, Chase, as Tail Gunner blasting through Imogene Creek.

A view up one of the many creeks/falls feeding into Imogene Creek.

The first "obstacle" of Imogene, a big rock slab.

Throwing a peace sign (piece of cake) on the "obstacle".

The rest of the crew coming up with Datajockeys leading the way.

Chase having a great time running his 4Runner doorless.

View through a clearing of some peaks.

After the group crossed a shallow section of Imogene Creek, Chase decided to tackle it via a more fun line. Heading into the creek.

Dropping the rear end down and driving on out.

My turn, of course going the other way. Check out the front tires deforming around the rock. I can't imagine running lower than 18 psi.

Crawling up and over. Not terribly challenging but a hell of a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stitched pano of the FJs resting at the abandoned mine. You can see the trail out in the distance. It's a very narrow road with loose rock on both sides.

Boarding house at the mine.

Beautiful scenery near the top of the treeline.

Our ascent begins in earnest.

Switchbacks up the mountainside.

Mailbox at the top of the pass. Looks well loved by stickers and bullet holes. I wonder if it whistles in high winds?

Micaiah and myself at the Imogene Pass summit sign. Yes, he's a bit... off.

Mic and my brother, TJ.

Harry and Chase at the summit sign.

View from the top.

Coming down the mountain.

Datajockeys and the rest of the crew following close behind.

View of the business end of Black Bear Pass.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Those are AWESOME !!!!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,728 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: ImpulseRed

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: FJ Moose

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks, great pics!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, great pics!
No, thank you! I hope you're able to lead some trails again next year, I really felt that I was part of a team by the end of that run. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey dude, it's Alex from Cailf with the other Red FJ in the group. I was wondering where I could get a hold of people in our run. Glad I found you on here! My files are to large to post on here so I'll see if I can make them smaller or I'll open up a flicker account and give you a heads up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey dude, it's Alex from Cailf with the other Red FJ in the group. I was wondering where I could get a hold of people in our run. Glad I found you on here! My files are to large to post on here so I'll see if I can make them smaller or I'll open up a flicker account and give you a heads up.
Hi Alex, Chase & I were just discussing why we didn't have a copy made of our Trail Leader sheets that listed everyone. I was going to do it before I turned them in, but forgot. I don't know how we could get a list now.

Thanks for posting the group pic. can you send me an original via email?

Harry

Reactions: straveon

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Alex! Thanks for searching for the group. A few of us are here that I know of! I reduced my images to 1200 pixels wide and posted to photobucket, then copied the direct links from there into a post here. Max images is 25 per post, which oddly enough includes smileys.

Harry, you may be able to reach out to one of the summit organizers for the trail list. I'm certain they keep a copy of it.

Reactions: straveon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Alex, Chase & I were just discussing why we didn't have a copy made of our Trail Leader sheets that listed everyone. I was going to do it before I turned them in, but forgot. I don't know how we could get a list now.

Thanks for posting the group pic. can you send me an original via email?

Harry
Hi Harry, absolutely. Anyone who wants a copy sent via email can send me a request to my email. [email protected] Type FJ Summit in the subject line in case it goes into my spam folder so I'll know its from one of you.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Harry, absolutely. Anyone who wants a copy sent via email can send me a request to my email. [email protected] Type FJ Summit in the subject line in case it goes into my spam folder so I'll know its from one of you.
email sent!

·
Registered
362 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts