Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an annual tradition, and is always a fun time. This is my first time experimenting with long exposures.

Token

Metaltech's FJ and my 4Runner

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ty was taking a picture at the same time of one of my exposures and the flash lit up my 4Runner and the Metaltech FJ, which is the same basic effect.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Again I missed this. Next year it will happen.

I would imagine the stars are beyond belief. You guys are so lucky to have done it.

Jarred, again thank you and Ty, Seth and Tim so much for what you do. I know the work is never ending on this, especially with a new one just arriving, congrats on that to. We all appreciate what you guys do, most of us see this as the best event of the year. Never stop doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In this pic, it looks like a shooting star is in the upper left quadrant

I think it was. I know when I was waiting for the shutter to close I was watching the sky and saw a few. I took a lot more of them, but many didn't come out b/c I had never used the camera out of auto mode honestly. I've only owned it a couple of weeks. Ty educated me when my other photos didn't come out. I do have one that I didn't want to put up b/c it contains language that would get the *** treatment here (so I won't embed it), but oh well it's fun with laser pointers on snow fields:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cVU44Gvno04/Ti8bYJdMY5I/AAAAAAAAB-U/szPiYiB5k3U/s800/DSC_0043.JPG

Again I missed this. Next year it will happen.

I would imagine the stars are beyond belief. You guys are so lucky to have done it.

Jarred, again thank you and Ty, Seth and Tim so much for what you do. I know the work is never ending on this, especially with a new one just arriving, congrats on that to. We all appreciate what you guys do, most of us see this as the best event of the year. Never stop doing it.
The stars are amazing up there, I highly recommend it. We even got to see the moon rise, which is a sight to see. Regarding the event, thanks, I appreciate it. Maybe next year I'll be there as a participant with my family, it would be fun to bring them.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Well, the idea being that you can completely control the amount, location and direction of the light...
I agree^^we add lanterns to our pics out of view of the exposure it works great. Isn't imogene amazing at night! CheFj made us pork butt sammmiches up there 2 years ago, freaking EPIC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts