Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK was reading trail damage and it gave this an easy/moderate rating but has a ranking of 4 FJs out of 5 (chaning this and leaving out the J**p since this is the FJ Board:lol:) on the water hazards. Looked at some of the photos of the water crossings and wanting to know if the stock FJ is going to have any issues...really don't like the idea of getting water under my rubber :rofl:
and was wondering if the trail is as "easy" as California (which was awesome!!)

We did California/Cinnamin/Corkscrew and they were all dry....

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The only water crossing on Imogene that is a little sketchy is optional (there's a bridge right next to it). There's another one that is a bit deep on occasion but not deep enough that I can ever recall being concerned about crossing it and again, there's a bridge right next to it. The only water crossing on Ophir I can recall is basically nothing.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Its really too early to say. Two years ago the crossing on Imogene has a pretty good flow rate but last year it was more of an easy stream. It depends on the snow-melt and rain!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
The FJ Summit Off-Roadies will pre-run the trail, so before you run it they'll know if it's too deep. As was said, 2 years ago it was a pretty good flow but wasn't 'too' deep, still they have plenty of snow this year. There's always the bridge :)

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
The only water crossing on Imogene that is a little sketchy is optional (there's a bridge right next to it). There's another one that is a bit deep on occasion but not deep enough that I can ever recall being concerned about crossing it and again, there's a bridge right next to it. The only water crossing on Ophir I can recall is basically nothing.

Jim
I have never seen anything other than motorcycles cross that bridge. Does not look that sturdy to me. I think I would rather take my chances in the water. :) I have also never seen water high enough to be a hazard to a stock FJ.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I have never seen anything other than motorcycles cross that bridge
The one I'm thinking of is about a third of the way down (from the pass) on the Ouray side, and I've crossed it in an FJ 80 and my FJ Cruiser many times, so we may not be talking about the same bridge. I don't even recall a motorcycle only bridge on Imogene, and I've been doing it for almost 20 years.

Jim

·
Registered
189 Posts
I took all the water hazards last year at Imogene and never had any problems. My fJ Cruiser was completely stock down to the OEM tires. Just take your time and you will not have any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts