Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I have been on this forum for a while and never posted a build thread, I thought it was finally time! Yay! ;)

So...My first FJ was a Silver 2008 which I bought new in November '07. Only mods I did was add a 3 inch Skyjacker lift and 33" ProComp M/Ts mounted on 17x9 ProComp wheels and a body mount chop. I also added the Predator steps from N-FAB.

I kept until 2012 and about 2 months after I paid it off, my wife and I drove into a Toyota dealer and saw the new 2013 Trail Teams sitting there and the first thing my wife said was "oooh...pretty". That was good enough for me and we bought it. As you see in the pic below, my wife wasn't the only one excited about it, my daughter was really happy we were getting another one. ;) Sadly I couldn't keep both so after a little over a month, I sold the '08. ;(

Here is the new addition the first weekend we had it.

Here it is as it stands today! ;)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now for the slow build but progress has been made. First "mods".

I had also added the OEM hitch as well as mine didn't come with it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some artsy photos in stock form and it's first trip to the OHV park in Bridgeport!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First major mods was the Toytec Boss 3" lift with Light Racing upper control arms. I also had Dave at Trailworx do the BMC for me and install Spidertrax 1.25" spacers.

Later on I did add a set of 285/75/R16 BFG KO2's

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checking out Treadnecks OHV park near Granbury, TX.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to add the vintage 4WD emblem! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some gratuitous off road shots while visiting family in Albuquerque, New Mexico! I miss that place! :)

Wheeling in Rio Puerco Canyon area west of Albuquerque. :bigthumb:

My TT and my brother's sweet 4Runner!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next up was having Dave at Trailworx install my "new" Expedition One Rear Swing Out. It's actually the bumper off of Mad Mike's yellow FJ. I bought it from him when he decided to have one of Dave's rear swing out's installed on his. New race and bearings on the pivot, new lights and powdercoat and called it good! ;)

I also added a couple RotoPax canisters and will be adding a gas RotoPax soon.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My brother had given me a set of PIAA 520's XTREME lights for my birthday back when I still had my '08 but never found the right light bar to mount on the bumper.

But then, only a few years later...I gave Dave at Trailworx a call and he started building this: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then I ordered an Engo e9000 winch with synthetic line, Factor 55 Prolink, 1.5" Factor 55 Hawse fairlead and a couple Crosby shackles.

which then were installed along with the PIAA lights onto this...

Now we are getting somewhere! ;)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some more goodies! :)

Also installed a set of brilliantly designed grab handles from GZila Designs! :D

That's it at the moment. Hopefully something new next week! ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Then I ordered an Engo e9000 winch with synthetic line, Factor 55 Prolink, 1.5" Factor 55 Hawse fairlead and a couple Crosby shackles.

which then were installed along with the PIAA lights onto this...

Now we are getting somewhere! ;)
I can't wait for mine!!! Should be getting pretty close. Dave said it should go to powder coat this week!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait for mine!!! Should be getting pretty close. Dave said it should go to powder coat this week!!
Awesome! Getting the evil eye as well?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure if this is the evil eye but it's supposed to be similar to this one.

That's the three hoop, mine is the evil eye. Both great looking bumpers! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Added some new Rigid SR-Q Series flood lights. And finally got the front bumper lights wired up to the switch panel and sPod. :)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the switch panel and sPod. Rock lights haven't been added yet, hopefully in the near future. ;)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
77 Posts
Really like this build. Planning to bring some elements over to my own 2013 TTSE - particularly the rack floodlights and the sPOD. Thanks for posting the build info.

Minor question - how did you run the wiring on the floods? It seems like the wires are going to the rear of the vehicle. I'm planning on putting two of those Rigid floods into the existing mounting holes at the back of my BajaRack, was considering trying to run the wire down the hinge side of the rear door and under the frame.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really like this build. Planning to bring some elements over to my own 2013 TTSE - particularly the rack floodlights and the sPOD. Thanks for posting the build info.

Minor question - how did you run the wiring on the floods? It seems like the wires are going to the rear of the vehicle. I'm planning on putting two of those Rigid floods into the existing mounting holes at the back of my BajaRack, was considering trying to run the wire down the hinge side of the rear door and under the frame.

Thanks
Thanks! Glad you like the build so far. As far as the lights though, I didn't have the time to do it myself so I had 4Wheel Parts do it. They drilled through the roof at the rear of the roof rack and sealed it up pretty good. Then ran the wiring tightly along the roof rack.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts