Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: the day is TUESDAY MARCH 8th.

The winner of the lift-install auction for the Shadow Warrior fund (vagabond1967) is coming to town for the install that week (March 7th - 11th). Don't have a firm day for it yet, but it will unfortunately be a week day. I wanted to give as much notice as possible just in case anyone can come that wants to. My time and energy will be invested in Grant's truck, but anyone who can is welcome to come help, work on your own truck, or just hang out and pass us tools and cold drinks, whatever you want.

I will post up a firm day as soon as I know it. Let me know here in this thread if you want to come so I can plan for lunch and refreshments.

EDIT: the day is TUESDAY MARCH 8th.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I will be in the area Longview/Kilgore/Dallas that week. If I know a date I can arrange my travel around this.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be in the area Longview/Kilgore/Dallas that week. If I know a date I can arrange my travel around this.
That would be great if you could come Mike. My place is two counties west of Dallas, about 60 miles. I will PM you with my address, phone numbers, and directions. I'll post up here and probably PM when I know for sure which day. May not know until that actual week though.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Will there be any pole dancing? That will have a significant bearing on whether I decide to come or not.

Jim

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Subscribed.

I am accruing comp time like crazy and could use a day away from the office. I am available Fri the 11th and possibly Wed the 9th.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will there be any pole dancing? That will have a significant bearing on whether I decide to come or not.

Jim
The pole is being re-plated and polished as part of the stage renovation in the one end of the shop, it may not be done in time.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just acquired an FJ and would be interested in participating, at least to provide some oohs and aahs...
Not sure if I can wait till then to install my new Metal Tech bumper, but I'm an excellent procrastinator :)
You guys would be welcome to come; once I get a firm date I will PM you with my address and directions if you can still come. I believe that I already pointed out that I live in rural Parker County, if that makes a difference to you (distance).

Bauerpauer, I have room in my shop for more than one truck at a time. I am in the middle of putting a new distributor, engine side cover, and Mean Green alternator on another truck right now and don't know when/if I'll have time to finish it before the work party since I'll be out of town all next week. Worst case scenario, you could work on the paved apron in front of the shop. If the weather is bad I will move some tractors out of the tractor bay and you can work in there.

·
Registered
446 Posts
subscribed.

Work schedule is unpredictable, so I'll be on-the-fence until late...

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK guys, Tuesday March 8th is the day! Grant will be coming from Dallas so I'm not sure how early he can get here, but probably some decent hour of the morning. If I hear anything more firm from him, I will post it up.

Landy, could you please bring your ball joint separator again in case we need it? We'll be installing Total Chaos UCA's as well as a Sway-A-Way lift for Grant.

Ron, hope you can make it.

H1TSS and Bauerpauer, let me know if you can come and I will PM you with an address and directions.

Sorry we'll miss you this time Steve.

Lee

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
ill see if i can swing it...would prob have my trusty side kick..the baby girl, but ill see what kinda mood shes in...

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll be there and I'll bring it!
Thanks Landy, I appreciate both!

What time do you think you guys will be working till?
Depends on how early Grant can get here, but it will be past lunch into the afternoon for sure; we're doing a lift and new front upper control arms. Even though I've done a bunch of them, I like to take my time, do it right, and not kill my (old) back doing it.

ill see if i can swing it...would prob have my trusty side kick..the baby girl, but ill see what kinda mood shes in...
Come if you can Addis.

Note to Bauerpauer and others that haven't been to my place before; I don't drink any more so if you want something more than water and sodas to drink you'll need to bring it yourself.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
As much as I wish I could make it, I'm not going to be able to, Lee. I have a software release that goes out next week for testing, so I'm going to be stuck in the office all week.

If it was on the following weekend I could probably swing it. Sorry, man...

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Unfortunately our weekend already booked up. We need to run the FJ happy hours on TTR nights. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts