1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5th Gen US Hilux V6 Xtracab

its what made me decide to get a 4Runner

2ND Gen 4Runner V6

When I went to get a new one, the size had gone up a lot For the 4th gens. Plus the Toyota dealerships near me were a pain to deal with. A Nissan place had new first gen Xterras still on lots as the 2nd gens had arrived. They were offering fantastic prices, and the size was closer to my older 4Runner with nice tall spacing in back.

That was followed by a Jeep.

I think it is funny how thirty years ago I had a Toyota with a couple of dogs in the back, then various bunch of kids and dogs, and now have another Toyota with a couple of dogs in the back.

·
Registered
2014 5100 lift, 275/KO2’s, trail teams odds and ends.
16 Posts
2018 1794 Tundra, 91 land cruiser, 93 Land cruiser, 06 Ridgeline, 13 Ridgeline, 75 FJ, 06 Subaru Baja turbo. The land cruisers were by far most capable off road; never came close to getting stuck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I currently own a '78 Hilux on FZJ80 axles, 40" tires. '87 4Runner on 35's. '17 5.6 Titan XD on 34's. Our '13 TT on 34's fits in the middle of the pack.. Not as capable offroad as the Hilux, about the same capability as the 4Runner. Not near as fast or as comfortable as the Titan, but more comfortable than the Hilux or 4Runner.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I currently own a '78 Hilux on FZJ80 axles, 40" tires. '87 4Runner on 35's. '17 5.6 Titan XD on 34's. Our '13 TT on 34's fits in the middle of the pack.. Not as capable offroad as the Hilux, about the same capability as the 4Runner. Not near as fast or as comfortable as the Titan, but more comfortable than the Hilux or 4Runner.
Nice, which one of these is your hypermiler?

·
Registered
2014 5100 lift, 275/KO2’s, trail teams odds and ends.
16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
2003 4th Gen 4R, with the 4.7 V8. Ran that for 10 years, over 110K miles and other than maintenance, only issue was a faulty AC relay. $15 fix.

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
'83 Subaru RX Coupe - Fugly but I loved it
'12 Toyota Fortuner still on Urban Assault Vehicle duty
'14 FJ - still going strong

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
2000 4WD 4Runner "Highlander" model bought new (only offered in late 1999 and 2000). Locker, Sport Seats, sunroof, rear heater, hood scoop, and some other option combinations not available on either SR5 or Limited models.

By far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned: in 19 years of ownership, I replaced the HVAC blower motor resistor module ($20), the antenna mast ($25), the AC push button ($9), several sets of alternator brushes ($15), and recently the starter (although the only thing worn was the replaceable solenoid contacts). Obviously this does not include normal wear items.

Still running flawlessly at just under 250K miles ... no oil burning, no valve ticking, no body/chassis rattles. Has never failed to start, or left me stranded.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts