Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
last question before i finish up some CHEM homework, if i werent going for the doubler or crawler box, just the lefty, which gear ratio would either of you guys recommend? 4.0:1 and then later on if i decide i need a doubler, throw in one with similar stock gearing? or can only the lefty have stock gearing [but even then i dont see it on inchworms site]?
I think the 5.0 or even the 5.7 is nice for the reasons (gear mapping between low and high) mentioned above. Plus if you go to a dual setup later on, you can put a 2.28 in the crawler box and have a nice staggered gear setup. The lefty doesn't have a 2.28 or 2.56 option, just 4, 4.7, 5, and 5.7

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think the 5.0 or even the 5.7 is nice for the reasons (gear mapping between low and high) mentioned above. Plus if you go to a dual setup later on, you can put a 2.28 in the crawler box and have a nice staggered gear setup. The lefty doesn't have a 2.28 or 2.56 option, just 4, 4.7, 5, and 5.7

thanks a lot. this helped me out a ton! now i just have to buy my FJ and all the other goodies before a lefty. haha.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
SUCCESS!!!!!!

Got it back from the fab shop today. It's totally awsome. I have an uphill driveway, and I idled up with no skinny pedal input, (I was standing on the rock rails at one point). It never gave a hint of stalling. I can't imagine what Sol's or Mir's rig must be like with the 2nd case. I am going to Moab on Thursday to test it out :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob:

Here is a pick of the twin sticks

I even got the back end to break loose on the dirt road that I live on. Nothing like two wheel drive when I want it. (Eat your heart out Seth. I can do DOGHNUTS!!!!)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nice leg:cowsmile:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts