Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealer in Riverhead, NY. and they just got the conformation that my FJ is coming in between the 7th and 15th of March. Im the first on the list so they want me to be ready as soon as it comes so that i can get it. Thats two weeks away, im flipping out.

-Rich-

·
Registered
650 Posts
Lucky guy! My dealer still have nothing interesting to tell me even if i'm the #1 on the list, May be its because I ordered a Black MT6?

·
Registered
254 Posts
wakesurfboy said:
Lucky guy! My dealer still have nothing interesting to tell me even if i'm the #1 on the list, May be its because I ordered a Black MT6?
I need to switch dealers.

We put a deposit down a month and a half a go and still have not heard one word. We are 4th on the list for a M/T and he claims they have a huge allocation coming.

WTF?:mad:

·
Registered
456 Posts
granger said:
What ever happened to the guy who was having one flown in? He should have it by now :rolleyes:
What's killing me is that my sales dude tells me that I am #2 on the list and that #1 wants an auto. PLUS, the first allotment includes 1 manual (in my desired color) with the GY CQ and UP2 packages - great, cus I want those.

BUT - he indicates that his info indicates that they are also loading up the MT6 with other stuff: rock rails, first aid kit, rear door cargo net thingies, roof rack, carpets, armrests...etc. Things I don't want or want to get aftermarket.

He tells me he isn't sure if he can get them removed. Arghhhh!!!!

So I may actually have to wait MORE after the initial launch even though I put down a good faith deposite way before the initial prefferenceing deadline on jan 24th.

This is killin me.... :(

Toyota, am I asking too much? You asked me to put in my deposite and order early - and I did. Why am I being punished?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
smartdog said:
What's killing me is that my sales dude tells me that I am #2 on the list and that #1 wants an auto. PLUS, the first allotment includes 1 manual (in my desired color) with the GY CQ and UP2 packages - great, cus I want those.

BUT - he indicates that his info indicates that they are also loading up the MT6 with other stuff: rock rails, first aid kit, rear door cargo net thingies, roof rack, carpets, armrests...etc. Things I don't want or want to get aftermarket.

He tells me he isn't sure if he can get them removed. Arghhhh!!!!

So I may actually have to wait MORE after the initial launch even though I put down a good faith deposite way before the initial prefferenceing deadline on jan 24th.

This is killin me.... :(

Toyota, am I asking too much? You asked me to put in my deposite and order early - and I did. Why am I being punished?
Unless the truck is in port (distinct possibility) then he has total control. If you think he is being dishonest, ask if it is too late to add some accessories. If he says he can, then he still has time to remove what you don't want.

It really maybe that the truck is in port (or under 2 days away). If that is the case there really isn't anything he can do.

·
Registered
456 Posts
granger said:
Unless the truck is in port (distinct possibility) then he has total control. If you think he is being dishonest, ask if it is too late to add some accessories. If he says he can, then he still has time to remove what you don't want.

It really maybe that the truck is in port (or under 2 days away). If that is the case there really isn't anything he can do.
Well, according to him, it still is not showing up fully on his dealer daily list.

It is just very frustrating for me. I am so tempted to pick up a 2000 4Runner 2.7 manual trans 4x4 for like 6-8k and bank the rest. :(

patience grasshopper...patience

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
smartdog said:
Well, according to him, it still is not showing up fully on his dealer daily list.

It is just very frustrating for me. I am so tempted to pick up a 2000 4Runner 2.7 manual trans 4x4 for like 6-8k and bank the rest. :(

patience grasshopper...patience
that is an option. keep that sucker for a while and look down the line to 08-09 FJs which will no doubt have a lot more options and maybe even a friggin tailgate. myself? i cant wait that long.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
mappelman said:
24 FJ's coming and about 6 pre sold. Not bad and a decent dealer site as well. Oh and over 50% of the ones they have coming are Manly Man Manuals (M3) powered.

http://69.93.188.20/~tundraso/fleet/showroom.php?action=vehicles&data[model_id]=586&FLEETID=5d15c24077413797755bf6f38eac0c07
Aren't these the same guys selling $2,000.00 above MSRP?
Looks like the same site to me. Check out these threads

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1098

1 - 20 of 26 Posts