Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to be honest I have been a FJ owner for all of about 17 hours now. I just purchased my 2012 FJ on a whim without any research or background. The only knowledge I had was Toyota reliability, I just traded in my 2008 4Runner SR5 with 178,000 miles to purchase my FJ. I am hoping I made a good decision and purchase. I was able to get my FJ with 54,000 miles for $27,000 no clue if I got a deal or not, but I like my new ride. I look forward to learning more about FJs and the FJ community here on the forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

Pretty typical price from KBB for a stock 2012 FJ with 54K. I didn't list options or anything except the low miles. From a dealer, not certified. Certified = up to and including 6 year old models and 85K or less miles. Does Indiana use salt on the roads? A quick check underneath couldn't hurt..

Enjoy your ride. Its smiles per mile, not much else matters

·
Registered
977 Posts
Welcome. Whether you got a deal or not is irrelevant. Its in your possession, and you own it and are happy with it that is all that matters.

Pretty truck. Darkside/Lightside, who cares. You are FJ owner now, best of the breed (200Series aside):smile:smile

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Oregon :smile

Pretty typical price from KBB for a stock 2012 FJ with 54K. I didn't list options or anything except the low miles. From a dealer, not certified. Certified = up to and including 6 year old models and 85K or less miles. Does Indiana use salt on the roads? A quick check underneath couldn't hurt..

Enjoy your ride. Its smiles per mile, not much else matters
They do use salt in Indiana, but after the initial test drive I had the salesman take it into the service bay and put it on a lift. There was some superficial rust but not any major corrosion. I also wanted it on the lift to check for signs of off-roading. From the looks of the underside I would be willing to wager my FJ might have only seen pavement over the years. I see some dirt and trails in its future!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome from WA! Nice ride :bigthumb:

Your post made me laugh. I did the exact same thing. I didn’t do nearly enough research and I paid a premium; but, it had everything I wanted, so I bought it.

As @sandFJ90210 said above, the only thing that matters is that you’re now an FJ owner! Welcome to the clubhouse!

Dan

·
Premium Member
16,373 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi RikerRambler, welcome from central Ohio!
Sometimes the choice is so obvious no research is required :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome from an 'ex' Hoosier. FJs are great vehicles. I too have traded a 4Runner for an FJ ... I was just correcting a past mistake.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have to be honest I have been a FJ owner for all of about 17 hours now. I just purchased my 2012 FJ on a whim without any research or background. The only knowledge I had was Toyota reliability, I just traded in my 2008 4Runner SR5 with 178,000 miles to purchase my FJ. I am hoping I made a good decision and purchase. I was able to get my FJ with 54,000 miles for $27,000 no clue if I got a deal or not, but I like my new ride. I look forward to learning more about FJs and the FJ community here on the forum.
At first I thought you came from a jjjjeeeeeeeeepppp!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts