Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody!

ok so I found these two pouches at target for $4 ea! so I got the idea to mount them on my dash...So I went next door to Ace Hardware and picked up a button snap kit for $8.

Using a small punch, I poked two small holes in the back and secured the female side of the snap to the bags. the male end came with screws through them so I drilled them into the silver side pieces on the dash and it was a done deal! I know some of you may not want to drill holes but I figure I could always buy those silver pieces again if I HAD to...But I now have nice "catch all"/storage up on the dash...and It looks really cool too!

Next...I was having trouble seeing down in the cup holder area at night...so I found these 5" strip LED lights at Auto Zone and they cam in a package of two for $14.99

I used the reverse sensor switch as my power source because it would also allow me to turn the lights on and off! Just connect the red wire to the factory all green power wire and the ground wire to the factory black and white ground wire...lights are attached by a 3M sticky that is already affixed to the light strip! Looks factory and really sweet!

Hope someone gets use out of this and uses it as their "Mod of the day"!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's awesome, I love it! Can never have enough storage space, I might have to install some of these myself.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah! super easy and only took about 5 min start to finish!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Necessity is the mother of all inventions. Somebody said that. Nice modification. I like. :rocker:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice mods. I must agree with gorilla, that steering wheel cover looks intriguing. I also like those shifter knobs. I have the tundra shifter but I'm looking for something fir the transfer case

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I did the light mod a couple of months ago but i put one where you placed yours and one right above where the glove box is it does wonders at night!! Good job on yours :rocker:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the light mod a couple of months ago but i put one where you placed yours and one right above where the glove box is it does wonders at night!! Good job on yours :rocker:
well I do have 1 more 5" strip of lights...hmmmmmmm thanks for the idea!!! I couldnt figure out where to put it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Details on the steering wheel cover?
LOL steering wheel cover I got from auto zone as well! $9!! its one of the better looking ones that I have seen...Thanks!

As for the shifter knobs...guess where...LOL Auto Zone. They were green and I took the liberty of painting them to look like black chrome. Just shot it gloss black and then hit it with a flat silver enamel. turned out perfect!

I did it with my FJ emblem as well. kind of made it look like raw metal...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
ya i got mine at auto zone too haha i have a vdb so i used blue lights

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK just went out and looked...Where exactly did you put the one by the glove box?? and pics? Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really like the pouch idea! Great spot for throwing a cell phone, keys, or wallet into.
Exactly!! these one actually fit a full size water bottle too...like the camel back water bottles...

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts

Is that a Gerber?

Love that model. Crappy steel, made in China... But one of my favorite knives nevertheless.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
thanks cody went to pep boys and got thesefor 7 bucks

il post some pics when i get them in :bigthumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Is that a Gerber?

Love that model. Crappy steel, made in China... But one of my favorite knives nevertheless.
yup! thats a gerber...yeah not the best knife but it holds a edge pretty well...use it every day!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah! no problem! Those LED lights are cool too! you can space em out a little to give it a "fuller" look.

Last night and this morning was the first time driving with the LED's in the dark and they are definitely handy! I could actually see my coffee this morning! LOL:clap:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

I used these also, but I only used two of the lights (it was plenty bright) and wired it to my headlight switch. I used the red ones to keep with the color theme of my truck. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts