Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope it's not a repost but here it is: (i know someone already posted the definition of all the options)

4702 4x2 V6 A/T - 15%
10% FE AL CQ DL
30% FE AL CQ GY
60% FE CQ UR GY RB

4703 4X4 V6 M/T - 5%
25% FE AL CQ DL GY
75% FE CQ UP GY RB

4704 4X4 V6 A/T - 80%
10% FE AL CQ DL
30% FE AL CQ DL GY
60% FE CQ UR GY RB

Like many have guessed, initial builds are quite loaded so if you must have a strippy, it'll be awhile. My local dealer told me they already have a waiting list to fill up their first 6-9 months of allocation :eek:

Still no price :mad:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Looks like the numbers I received from a salesman buddy a few weeks back. Either we are hitting it on the head or they are feeding us the same BS line. But you're right, looks pretty grim for the guys that wanted a stick. On the other hand, those that wanted an auto, loaded........

·
Registered
8 Posts
someone had posted a translation for what those option sympols mean and I can't find it....anyone still have it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Uh Oh, only five percent stick shift? I would be willing to bet that they don't send a single stick shift to the D.C. area. Hardly anybody drives stick around here, especially not in trucks and SUVs.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
They'll say 5% stick in the first year. You can bet that the initial numbers will be used to determine needs for production in years to come. Those will change with time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FJ STANDARD SPECS

17" STEEL WHEELS
AUTO-LSD VSC ON 4X2
VSC 0N 4X4
ALUMINUM OUTSIDE MIRRORS
AM/FM/CD 6 SPEAKER AUDIO
DRIVER & PASSENGER AIRBAGS
UV REAR GLASS

FJ OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

CQ: PKG INCLUDES:
-lamps on outside mirrors
-daytime running lights
-back sonar
-rear privacy glass

DL: REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCKS

GY: CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS

RB: RUNNING BOARDS

UP: UPGRADE PKG #1 INCLUDES:
- requires CQ
- AL: 17" alloys
- active traction VSC
- DL: differential locks
- am/fm/cd 8 speaker

UR UPGRADE PKG#2 INCLUDES:
-UP and adds a rear wall mounted subwoofer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bobbyzero said:
RB: RUNNING BOARDS
So what are these really? Are these the rock sliders we all thought were standard equipment or are they some other plastic shelf thing that hangs off the side of the FJC?

Jason

·
Registered
83 Posts
Percy said:
They'll say 5% stick in the first year.
This is not looking really promising :( 5%??!! Ugh...

Every vehicle in the initial build has alloys and Convenience package minimum. Not a single one has steelies! I just want the diff lock and a stick. It's looking like a couple extra thousand $$$ right off the bat. If the most basic of these packages still comes in under $25k, I might still be able to swing this, otherwise I might be living with my current vehicles for at least another year :( Here's hoping...

Jason

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
bah....why would they market a truck geared mostly to enthusiasts and give them only 5% stickshift? Don't they know most of us want a stickshift? Who are the other 80%? Grocery-getters that think the new FJ is "so cute?"

ugh

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
bah....why would they market a truck geared mostly to enthusiasts and give them only 5% stickshift? Don't they know most of us want a stickshift? Who are the other 80%? Grocery-getters that think the new FJ is "so cute?"

ugh
Aren't you the one that wants heated seats?

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
mpd8488 said:
Uh Oh, only five percent stick shift? I would be willing to bet that they don't send a single stick shift to the D.C. area. Hardly anybody drives stick around here, especially not in trucks and SUVs.

i'm in the DC area too. have you ordered yours, form where?

yeah, the 5% doesnt look too good but it can't be true. i refuse to believe that toyota would truly conivince themselves that 95% of FJ customers would have female tendencies

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Percy said:

yup...a stickshift 4x4 that keeps my butt warm when it's negative 20 outside and the engine takes 15 mins to heat up..the seats take 3 :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
LOL Besides Bostonian1976 those Harvard coeds you troll for wont be able to drive it home.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
yup...a stickshift 4x4 that keeps my butt warm when it's negative 20 outside and the engine takes 15 mins to heat up..the seats take 3 :)

If your a$$ is that skinny take up Percy's motto
"For every animal you refuse to eat, I will eat 3."​
That will put some flesh on those bones

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've mentioned this elsewhere but will repeat it here. My dealer just told me that Toyota is going to increase '07 production of the FJC to 60,000. He got the info at L.A. dealer training 12/06.

Edadis

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
edadis said:
I've mentioned this elsewhere but will repeat it here. My dealer just told me that Toyota is going to increase '07 production of the FJC to 60,000. He got the info at L.A. dealer training 12/06.

Edadis
And that my friend is good news!

·
Registered
83 Posts
edadis said:
This is really getting quite amusing. One of the 4 dealers I'm constantly checking in on (yes 4! I'm trying to start something...) said today that 2007 would be limited production only and would only be 6000 units. This was from the salesman who heard it from the sales manager who heard it at this infamous LA dealer training on 12/6. So apparently there was some event on this date since I've heard it from almost everyone now, but somewhere in this game of "telephone" these guys are playing, they conveniently dropped a zero off on the side of the road; probably for the dramatic effect of drumming up sales. He suggested I set up an appointment to come in right away as there are already people on the list. OMG!! Limited Production!! Here's my credit card number!!! I want one NOW!!! Try and get me one for less than $6000 above MSRP!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! Where do I sign??!!

<clears throat> Bite me! Guess which dealer gets crossed off my list first?

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
For what it's worth, the Toyota dealer that I've got my deposit with says they have been promised 45 FJ's for 2006, and they are one of 6 Toyota dealers in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Virginia area. I made my deposit and reservation last weekend and I'm the seventh person to do so. No news as to price and delivery date.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
It doesn't surprise me Toyota may increase the FJ production from 40k to 60k. Afterall, they do sell 130k Highlanders, 110k 4Runners, 70k Rav4s, 60k Sequoias a year. So whether it's 40k or 60k, the FJ will be a sell out no doubt.

Like I have said, if you are serious and want to be the first one on the block, find that dealership that's selling at MSRP now. I think we have a board sponsor that's offering that already ;) (No no, i am not affliated, blah blah blah...) And if you wait 'til the FJ hits the showroom, I think most dealers will be marking it up big time. I predict $5k ~ $8k be the norm :eek:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts