Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched about this topic online, but I would like to get some feedback from this Forum. I haven't seen anything recently posted on here for 2012 FJs. I think I need to replace my Inner and Outer Tie Rod and I wanted to know if you guys feel I should stick with OEM or go with Moog (or another brand). I have a 2" lift, 285/70R17 KO2 and 1.25" wheel spacers. I go off-roading a few times a year and I am worried that non OEM Tie Rods will fail or not last. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated. Also, with the mods that I have should I be expecting to change my tie rods more often? If so, how many miles are you guys getting?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I don`t own a 2012 I have a 2007 As I replace parts I pretty much always buy Moog. Good price and they are holding up great. OEM is always way over priced in my book. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I too have an '07. I replaced mine at around 80k miles.I took it in for an alignment when I got new tires, and the shop told me that the inners were worn out. I replaced all 4 ends, inners are Moog, outers are Deeza, they are beefier than other brands. I don't know if it matters. Well the originals were still in perfect shape, on a lifted FJ. The shop just wanted $450 for nothing.

I trust Moog for parts, however the Toyota ones performed great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m going to replace the inners and outers soon on my 2007. I have used proforged in the past on my 86 toyota pickup. Might give that brand a try on my FJ or go with Moog depending on how I feel. Seems like people have had good luck with aftermarket and then hold on to their OEM stuff as trail spares.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,915 Posts
I only use OE. Went with after market once and they lasted a very short time. But I do extreme rock crawling so that may contribute.

·
Premium Member
11,803 Posts
I replaced mine with Mevotech from Rock Auto. Fits right and tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts