Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
It's Napa also. The picture is above. If you need part number, I can get that tomorrow. Don't want to open the garage and wake up the kids :).

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
easiest way to do it is to count the exposed threads. When you put the new stuff on put it together with the same amount of thread exposed. That will get you close enough to get you to the alignment shop. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just reporting back that I used these tie rods for the inner knuckle and used the moog outer ends. Total price for parts was around $80 and took me about 4 hours for both sides. Only reason it took me so long was that I really took my time and painted the rims while I had them off. I was weary of the these $20 inner ends above however they seem to look stronger than the OEM ones.

If you run a lift and go anywhere near water, I HIGHLY suggest changing these out every 40k miles. Its a very easy job for the average do it yourself person.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Just reporting back that I used these tie rods for the inner knuckle and used the moog outer ends. Total price for parts was around $80 and took me about 4 hours for both sides. Only reason it took me so long was that I really took my time and painted the rims while I had them off. I was weary of the these $20 inner ends above however they seem to look stronger than the OEM ones.

If you run a lift and go anywhere near water, I HIGHLY suggest changing these out every 40k miles. Its a very easy job for the average do it yourself person.
Good to know, Thanks for posting up.:cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone know the size of the castle nuts? Stripped the outside, I was pretty sure they were 19mm but apparently I was wrong. They are threaded CW right? Not CCW? Pretty pissed they stripped. Must be the stupid 12 sided socket's fault.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
just installed my moog greasable outers and deeza inners, super beefy, steering is feeling good and no more clunk when i reverse and turn

21 - 28 of 28 Posts